Eggbert

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by higthepig, Sep 11, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Remember all of them from the 70s , cheers Hig

2. I remember them from the mid 65s. The phot guys on Ark Royal used to flog them on the canteen flat. Those were the days when ships used to do 2 years away from home. Reckon most of the phot ratings were driving new cars when they got back to Guzz

3. You trying to say something shippers? :lol:

4. Yes it was on the Ark Royal that I got them ,phots must have made a fortune , :roll:

5. I haven't seen any of these before - probably because I was 2 in '65! Very funny. Pity there was no internet then - you'd have saved a small fortune! Mind you, there would have been no social life either! Why were they photographed and not photocopied? And why were you charged for them? Were the naval phots paying copyright fees?

6. Joined: Jul 13, 2006
    Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:27 am Post subject: Re: Eggbert

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I haven't seen any of these before - probably because I was 2 in '65! Very funny. Pity there was no internet then - you'd have saved a small fortune! Mind you, there would have been no social life either! Why were they photographed and not photocopied? And why were you charged for them? Were the naval phots paying copyright fees?

There were no photocopiers then either. Anyway giving them away free would have deprived the phot branch guys of their new motors

7. They were free to me my oppo was a killick phot on Eagle.Idont know of any being sold ,but then for a Tot..................................

8. Bought mine from the Phot when embarked troops on the Rusty B in the Far East in the '60s. More that those displayed on this site. Must have been a Carrier thing.

9. Yep, they were also being done on the The Old Grey Ghost !
    I'm sure I have a few somewhere in my Ditty box.
    :)