Educational Requirements

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by ETA, Jul 29, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ETA

ETA

Right went to the AFCO and they said my qual 'should be' ok, however I've recently seen something contradictory and am a little worried.

I did the IB (International Baccalaureate) as an equivalent to A-level and got 25 points (220 UCAS) but did not get the Diploma, just Certificates. The document I saw said it must be
    I do understand they want you to be widely educated for a period of time etc, but i do have 7 A's at GCSE, plus a HND followed by a top up to Degree forthcoming. Is there any likelihood of them overlooking this 'blip' due to any extenuating circumstances?

EDIT- I am looking at Officer Entry.

2. If necessary, the CA can submit details of what you have to the AIB and the AIB will advise as to whether it finds your qualifications acceptable.

When you look at the UCAS tariff, how many points do you think you have?

UCAS - Tariff tables

3. ETA

ETA

It's comes to 229 in total

4. What did left do?

5. As long as the units fulfil the requirements about overlapping subjects etc, you should be OK with 229.

If you wish, you can send the AFCO an e-mail over the weekend, asking whether they would be happy to submit your qualifications to the AIB so that you can be certain that they will be found acceptable.

Did they say anything about possibly applying for a bursary?

6. ETA

ETA

No they didn't mention anything about sponsorships etc, and I forgot to ask. Going to send the form requesting to sit RT tomorrow and will take all certificates to them next time and see how it goes from there.