Eddie Stobart..

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by EarlyChop, Mar 31, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Eddie Stobart has passed away in hospital after suffering a heart attack.

His family gave doctors permission to switch off his tachograph.

That is all.

2. A sad irony that Mr Stobart had his life restricted to 56.

I'll get my coat.

3. A sad day indeed...the man that made Trucking respectable in the UK....a shame some parts of Europe do not follow his example.
    :-(

4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I was going to write something appropriate about Eddie Stobart's death. But I'm not that articulated.

5. JagerGirl

JagerGirl Book Reviewer

They've already made a film about his life - I've seen the trailer, it was moving.

*closes the door behind her*

6. wayhay lol

7. These sad things bring the best out in us.
    :)

8. I've got the book..........it fell of the back of a lorry !

9. I heard he was actually 69, must have been 'clocked'

10. Only 56? Still, he had a good haul.

*immediately regrets post*

11. Eddie Cochrane.............legend..........C'mon everybody !......nice one Bob !

12. :-D Summertime Blues one of the few that I can get away with on the kareoke [however its spelt]:censored:

13. Andrew dedicated the winner of todays Lincoln to Eddie
    Sweet Lightning landed an emotional success for connections with an emphatic victory in the William Hill Lincoln at Doncaster.
    The six-year-old is owned by Andrew Tinkler, chief executive of the Eddie Stobart haulage company, whose founder passed away this week, and is trained by Michael Dods, who is sponsored by the firm.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  14. I'm sure the family appreciate the tributes paid to the deceased. However, I would like to point out that it was EDWARD STOBART that passed away. His dad Eddie, founder of the company, is still with us,

15. If I overtake the hearse and blow my horn will the driver wave to me?

16. Great eddie stobart jokes,the forum on HMS astute is full of bleeding hearts right now,didn't know folk were so sentimental,on the basis of ,if you dish it out,be prepared to take it back,lets have your cracks on Rapper Moondog,sure his victims family,would like to see it in print.

17. ganges62
    While I came to your defence in another forum I will not do the same in this forum
    Diamond Lills is known for it's sick comments on ALL things and must remain that way.
    If as your name sugests you were at ganges in 1962 then you of all people should know that jack has a particular sense of humour