Eczema.

Jax123

Hi everyone,

I know there have been a lot of eczema related threads but I just want to see if anyone has been successful with a situation like mine or if anyone has any opinions on my chances of getting in the Royal Navy.

So I was denied entry because I had eczema in the past and was told I need to be 3 years clear to apply again. It is now approaching the 3 year mark without any treatment or symptoms.

I have worked with many cleaning products without gloves and have had no issues I also have been at college for 3 years where I have worked with Oils/Greases and had no issues. The Eczema in the past was mild and never appeared on my arms or hands, so what are my chances? Thanks.

fishhead

War Hero
Hi everyone,

I know there have been a lot of eczema related threads but I just want to see if anyone has been successful with a situation like mine or if anyone has any opinions on my chances of getting in the Royal Navy.

So I was denied entry because I had eczema in the past and was told I need to be 3 years clear to apply again. It is now approaching the 3 year mark without any treatment or symptoms.

I have worked with many cleaning products without gloves and have had no issues I also have been at college for 3 years where I have worked with Oils/Greases and had no issues. The Eczema in the past was mild and never appeared on my arms or hands, so what are my chances? Thanks.
There is no-one on this forum who can tell you what your chances are. There have been many others in the past with similar enquiries and it is likely that their situation does not match yours.
If you're still keen to join and you think you tick all the right boxes go for it. The MOD appointed medical team will decide where you go next.
Good luck.

Latest Threads