Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Eating honking stuff

G

guestm

Now, during my long and varied Forces career, I have of course eaten some pretty honking stuff. Normally I have been surrounded by oppos chanting "Eat it! Eat it!" which has helped no end. Especially when habving to eat a fist sized cockroach who you have bet on and has just lost it's race.

On Thursday though, on a run ashore for a mate leaving the RN, we were presented with the delicacy of Grasshoppers, worms and ants, all bought from www.Edible.com

Genius. On tuesday I am going to one of my girlfriend's mate's birthday party. I will be casually closing up at the table in the pub with a deep fried tarantula, some caterpillars and a Scorpion which I will munch away on without much fanfare. I am confident that these prim and proper girly civvy losers will react hilariously badly to this and I am engorged at the thought.

Does anybody else enjoy chowing down on honking fodder?

I find it sorts the men from the boys. Eating a handful of maggots whilst fishing with my mates 7 year old son impressed him so much that he refers to me as uncle bush tucker now.

Eating a spider that my niece made me catch did not go down so well with her, she screamed and cried for about three days. i laughed for approximately the same period.

My mate whilst we were fishing down the deeps of Cornwall caught a fish, a man and his daughter were walking past. The little un walked up to him to see what he had caught. He showed her, she asked what he was going to do next so he snapped it and then bit it. Girl wasn't impressed and cried, we pissed ourselves laughing, the father walked off giving him the evils

Eating weird things is for champions. To date, i've munched on:

1. A sheeps eye
2. Ants
3. Worms (Althought this doesn't really count as you eat these on survival courses)
4. Part of a hedgehog
5. Maggots
6. Breakfast in the Longmoor cookhouse

Out of the above, number 6 is the one that sticks in my mind with horror.

Blackrat said:
Eating weird things is for champions. To date, i've munched on:

1. A sheeps eye
2. Ants
3. Worms (Althought this doesn't really count as you eat these on survival courses)
4. Part of a hedgehog
5. Maggots
6. Breakfast in the Longmoor cookhouse

Out of the above, number 6 is the one that sticks in my mind with horror.

I too have dined at the Longmoor cookhouse. There are few words that can describe walking in with a shocking hangover after drinking slightly off lager in the Longmoor Bullet all night and being faced with the horror that is powdered scrambled egg, tinned sausages and bacon fat, all washed down with radioactive lime squash.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Snails
stuffed goose stomachs
Deer heart
Kren (some awful thing in Germany that tasted like dog food and made me vomit)
A burger at Ozzzfest Castle Donnington (it was green)
tounge

2_deck_dash said:
all washed down with radioactive lime squash.

You do realise that is the same stuff as they put in Cylumes? After drinking that, my piss smells like a mixture between the good old Sugar Puffs and an Embalmers work space. Oh, it's also radioactive.

I used to love the creativity of the chefs after a few weeks at sea when the food started to run out, during my time in the RN I dined on the following delicacies:

Onion Curry
Onion Stroganoff
Onion Stir fry
Onion Surprise
Onion Soup
Onion Fricassee
Onion Pie
Onion Pudding
Roast Onion
Onion Stew
Onion Hotpot
Onion

In my younger days I used to munch on those crunchy white dog turds that you don't see around so much thse days, normally at the end of a good DTS

stan_the_man said:
In my younger days I used to munch on those crunchy white dog turds that you don't see around so much thse days, normally at the end of a good DTS

You are correct, what happened to the white dog turds? Today they are almost all human like, and placed in non degradable bags in my hedge!!!!

sussex2 said:
Anything in a Little Chef? That has to be about as rank as it gets....

I once ordered an omelette in Little Chef, the waitress returned saying they had run out of omellettes. 8O

Surely it is just a case of cracking some eggs into a pan?

Apparently not. The omelette comes in a carton and is then poured into the pan. I haven't been in since.

Latest Threads