eating disorder and recruitment

tilly5mint

Midshipman
Hi all

I have an eating disorder on my medical record from 2014 which I did NOT receive any treatment for and only went to the doctors about it once (I was 13 at the time). 7 years on and I want to join the navy, and in all honesty I completely forgot about it being on the record. Will this affect me joining or would I have to seriously justify it? I’m guessing they would only disqualify you if it was genuinely serious and had to be treated/rehabilitated. Other than that my record is clear of anything that could hinder me joining (touch wood). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

tilly5mint

Midshipman
You have or had?

Don't geuss ask the people who will process your application.
I had one according to my record. Never seeked nor had treatment, I just went one time about it and got a diagnosis but all my bloods etc were fine and I’ve always had a healthy BMI range. I’ve just seen some horror stories of people being classed as PMU from things they had when they were kids which no longer effect them so I wanted to see what others had experienced. Yeah I will ask, I’m currently waiting to be assigned my careers advisor, I only sent the initial application off a few days ago. I’m not sure how long the waiting time is to get assigned one so that’s why I posted on here.

fishhead

War Hero
@tilly5mint as previously stated none of us are prepared to have a guess on how the Medics at Capita will treat your medical records. One way to find out is to make your application and see what happens. There are three possible outcomes 1) You're passed fit, 2) you're made TMU which means they want more information from your Doctor and 3) PMU which means you have failed to satisfy the medical requirements.
It is best to manage your expectations but you may wish for what might have been if you didn't try.
Best of luck for the future.

tilly5mint

Midshipman
@tilly5mint as previously stated none of us are prepared to have a guess on how the Medics at Capita will treat your medical records. One way to find out is to make your application and see what happens. There are three possible outcomes 1) You're passed fit, 2) you're made TMU which means they want more information from your Doctor and 3) PMU which means you have failed to satisfy the medical requirements.
It is best to manage your expectations but you may wish for what might have been if you didn't try.
Best of luck for the future.
Thank you very much for that. I will continue with my application but I’m looking into RFA as an alternative option- don’t want to get my hopes up!

Latest Threads