eat live fish - Giles Coren is a barsteward

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by golden_rivet, Nov 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Giles Coren of the Times is on radio 4 and is extolling the virtues of eating slices off a live fish on your plate in Japan - before it knows its dead

sick bastard - and the Japanese too - :pukel:
  2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Spare a thought for us blokes ....... does he keep it still?

3. hmm don't suppose you take off slices though ... the staff did it - with super sharp knives .... :pukel:

4. Sounds fishy to me

:nemo: :nemo:
  5. Sure our Japanese allies(?) wouldn't perform such gastronomic activities purely for sustenance? There must be some scientific research behind it just like the whaling! :rambo: Banzai!
  6. How sick can these barstewards be!!
  7. Interesting though... those cooks/chefs/knife wavers must be fairly decently trained to be able to such a precise bit of carvery, wouldn't like to annoy one of them - think of what they could do to you!

8. Japs have always been known as a cruel and sadistic race so this comes as no surprise..
  9. Boiling Lobsters,Crabs etc isn't cruel? Then there's all those quaint British traditions hare coursing,fox hunting,badger baiting etc etc . PersonallyI have no problem eating lobsters etc & would have no moral problem eating live fish.Just the thought of it puts me off,I dont even like smoked salmon.
  10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

When I was a vegetarian my mantra was "never eat anything with a face", which I had no problem with. But then Mrs. SPB bought a packet of Jammy Dodgers, and that when the trouble started... 8O
  11. :thumright: :thumright: