Easter break at Raleigh

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by bcfcryan_88, Jan 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, my start date for Raleigh is Feb 7th. Will there be an easter break or will it be 9 weeks flat?

I know a few guys that started Raleigh back in early december and they stopped for a 2 week break at xmas and then went back to Raleigh to continue their training.

Cheers.

2. think someone said easter starts on April 5th for 2 weeks at Raleigh

3. Thanks, can anybody confirm that Raleigh will close for 2weeks on 5th April?

4. Raleigh closes for two weeks on Friday 2 April.

5. instructors need holidays to

6. If you're due to pass out on April 2nd [Good Friday] what happens? Thanks

7. Erm, you'll march down to the parade ground, wander around a bit, be inspected by some VIP and...pass out.

8. You've just said Raleigh closes on Fri Ap 2nd but that being a bank hol most places close on the Thu, grandson will prob be passing out then and we're due to be on hol and would like to verify a few things !

9. Sorry, by closes on I meant at close of play. As far as I'm aware Good Friday is a normal working day at Raleigh this year.

I'm sure one of the training staff will confirm either way soon.

10. What exactly would you like to verify?

11. thanks - good news - we'll be back from hol

12. Thanks for the information guys.

Does anyone know when the pass out parade will be if joining Raleigh feb 7th? Im guessing it will be later if Raleigh closes for 2 weeks on April 2nd.

13. Easter Leave is two weeks.

Add two weeks.

14. Is the passing out parade on the very last day of Raleigh? is not on the 7th or 8th week? Thanks.

15. I'm hoping I've got dates right, by my calculations if they go in on Jan 31st- they'll be due to pass out on Apr 2nd - please somebody confirm that thanks

16. Ah, I see what you mean. No, passing out parade is the last thing you'll do before you leave Phase I.