East Anglian Childrens Hospices (EACH)

Discussion in 'Charity' started by Joint_Force_Harrier, Aug 23, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. All,

I am competing in the annual Dragon Boat race (8th Sept) in Cambridge as part of the Aircraft Design Office (ADO) team here at my place of work. "Only" Matelot in a boat of Grads and Crabs!!!!

We are raising funds this year for East Anglian Childrens Hospices (EACH):

About EACH

We support families and care for children and young people with life-threatening conditions across Cambridgeshire, Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk. We provide care and support wherever the family wishes – in families’ own homes, in the community or at one of our hospices in Ipswich, Milton and Quidenham.
    We are a registered charity and this year need to raise more than £5.75 million in public donations to deliver our services. This amounts to over £15,000 a day, every day of the year.

ADOrables Dragon Boat Crew is fundraising for East Anglia's Children's Hospices

Whatever you could spare would be much apprieciated.

Cheers

Pete

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bump, (for this year) See if you can beat the Rum Ration total dontations of £0 from last year :(

All,

I am competing in the annual Dragon Boat race (7th Sept 2013) in Cambridge as part of the Aircraft Design Office (ADO) team here at my place of work. "Only" Matelot in a boat of Grads and Ex Crabs!!!!

We are raising funds this year for East Anglian Childrens Hospices (EACH):

About EACH

We support families and care for children and young people with life-threatening conditions across Cambridgeshire, Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk. We provide care and support wherever the family wishes – in families’ own homes, in the community or at one of our hospices in Ipswich, Milton and Quidenham.
    We are a registered charity and this year need to raise more than £5.75 million in public donations to deliver our services. This amounts to over £15,000 a day, every day of the year.

The MADGnificent & ADOrable Dragon Boat Crews 2013 is fundraising for East Anglia's Children's Hospices

Whatever you could spare would be much apprieciated.

Cheers

Pete

3. Someone told me matelots were tight bastards! :)

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

4. Thank you shipmates, who ever you were :)

I knew matelots were generous ;)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  5. Thanks to the two members that donated. We did the racing today and missed out on a place in the final by 1 tenth of a second. But the team raised over £2000 together for EACH.

The weather held up and the highlight was a team of solicitors going in just after leaving the jetty.

Looking forward to another go next year. If you haven't tried it they hold the Dragon Boat races all over the country and I would recommend it fully.

Cheers again

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)