Earthquake hits Kent and causes possible damage in Dorset!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Always_a_Civvy, Apr 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Rubbish, I live in Kent and didn't feel a thing, so how could people have felt it even further away!

2. Go and say rubbish to those seen on TV inspecting the damage they recieved ---bit of a stupid comment for a potential officer even ffs!!

3. It did happen before 1100 so he'd still be asleep in his pit!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. If his steward hadn't informed him of the quake how was he expected to know. :)

5. Silly me, i forgot that! :lol: :lol: :lol:

6. No I meant people in Dorset and other distant counties saying they felt something, and just so you know I was up at 8 this morning.

7. Please ask yur steward to confirm that yu were up at 0800.

8. Well,i felt the earth move last night but thats another story! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

9. Re: Earthquake hits Kent and causes possible damage in Dorse

So I take it the earth didn't move for you yesterday PO :wink: :eek: :eek:

Pol

10. He had today off, he lost his iPod, or something like that I was clearly busy elsewhere.
    And sadly no, the Earth didn't move for me... clearly not getting the locals drunk enough! :cry:

11. PO
    You're getting soft giving the steward time off. Don't let them know at Dartmouth or word will get around that you are a soft touch :)

12. Wifes Mum & Dad live in Folkestone and they felt it alright. Lots of things falling off shelves and there was also a lot of damage to houses in the road where my sister lives.

Having spoken to my sister earlier, she said it was as if a large explosion had taken place. She said there living room now has two very large and distinct cracks in the walls. :)

13. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Re: Earthquake hits Kent and causes possible damage in Dorse

Surprised Bonio from U2 & Bob Geldof haven't announced a "char-i-dee gig"

14. Hope the Chunnel hasnt sprung a leak!

15. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Yes, heaven forbid - the illegals would have to get the ferry over instead.

16. they didnt say they felt it in Dorset/Hampshire. it was a coastal crack that appeared and they were investigating it as a possible link

17. I know that feeling though mine are due to subsidence! :(

Booties on Exercise, perhaps? :wink: You just can't keep Wet Blobs at bay. :lol:

18. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

You could have driven a tank past me at 0800hrs this morning AAC and I still would'nt of woken up mate....same tomorrow morning as well I suspect :oops:

19. Re: Earthquake hits Kent and causes possible damage in Dorse

HeHeHe, You should try living in the geothermal wonderland that is NZ, "Was that an earthquake or an Arctic going past" Kids do earthquake drills in Kindergarten 8O Just glad we haven't got an active volcano in Dunners, plenty in the North Island. NZ is well overdue for the 'Big One' :( .
    NZB