Earlier entry date for submariners ?

TrueRed

Midshipman
Hello , I’m looking to switch from ETME to WS Submariner after passing fitness test . Does anyone know if this will give me an ealrier entry date for Raleigh?and anyone got any insides of the submarine service that they maybe don’t tell you on the website . Is it a good career ? Will you travel and be able to go ashore ?

redmonkey

War Hero
Book Reviewer
It may be worth your while to find out the answers to those questions before you make the switch as your last question suggests to me that you know very little about the life of a submariner.
Have a look through the threads using the search function at the top right of the screen. There are lots of similar questions and better answers than I can give.

Edit due to spell checker

Biker Buster

Lantern Swinger
One tip..
Don't join bombers!
Go for fleet boats much more fun and excitement.
Bombers are dull as fck.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Northsaxon

Midshipman
Joining Bombers will definitely get you in earlier took 6 months off my waiting time but as said above don’t just join as a Submariner for that reason

pompeyexpat

War Hero
Joining Bombers will definitely get you in earlier took 6 months off my waiting time but as said above don’t just join as a Submariner for that reason
Phase 1 entry dates are based on required numbers for each branch (not possible future platform they may serve on) and the dates of follow-on Phase 2 training. Changing from ETME to WS(SM) may get him in earlier because of that but going in and saying "I wanna join a bomber" isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference.

And as others have said - OP, if you're looking to join the RN, do it in a branch that interests you. Join to do something else just to get in earlier and you may just regret it. Remember - whatever anyone says (including in the AFCO), branch change once in is not a right. It happens, but not for everyone.

...and don't forget the once cherished mantra of the Trade =

'We are all buddies in Boats'

. . . heard with that distant ringing of the inner ears which cynics attribute to tinnitus.

Northsaxon

Midshipman
Phase 1 entry dates are based on required numbers for each branch (not possible future platform they may serve on) and the dates of follow-on Phase 2 training. Changing from ETME to WS(SM) may get him in earlier because of that but going in and saying "I wanna join a bomber" isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference.

And as others have said - OP, if you're looking to join the RN, do it in a branch that interests you. Join to do something else just to get in earlier and you may just regret it. Remember - whatever anyone says (including in the AFCO), branch change once in is not a right. It happens, but not for everyone.
Ah right didn’t realise that just came up with that because my start date is in January but my CA said if I was going GS I’d have to wait until June joining as an ETWE SM