Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by SILVER_FOX, Jul 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Whilst signing up to the e-petition regarding the provision of service housing for the relatives of wounded service personnel I came across this one:

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to allow UK citizens to carry air pistols for personal protection.

too many people are getting attacked and have little or no defences against attackers. people should be able to carry airpistols as they aren't as powerful as a section 1 firearm and are, therefore, less likely to kill than a fullbore pistol

Idiots like these will screw up what is a useful facility. Just what exactly do they think they're playing at? :rambo: :threaten:

PS: Link not included just in case any of you are nuts enough to sigh up to it. It already has five signatories.
  2. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

That's not the worst, when the e-petitions first started there was one for Tony Blair to stand on his head and eat ice-cream! ............ bloody kids eh? It was quite popular though, of course I didn't sign it, what was the point in watching him eat through his arse-hole we heard him talk from it for so long :thumright:
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Reminds me of the Census dit whereby it was alleged that if enough people stated their religion as Jedi, it would then be listed as a recognised following.

Must admit, I was one of several thousand to fall for that one!
  4. Don't they have to attract X thousand signatures before they are brought to the attention of the prime minister?
  5. These E petitions are all very good, but like referendums what do they actually achieve, sure they allow you to 'vent' to a certain extent, but as long as they aren't binding the Government can pat you on the head and send you on your way. A spin doctors dream, give the proles somewhere to have a drip and they won't get out on the streets.
  6. I'd have signed up for Jedi Religion. Can't be any worse than some of those knocking around at the moment.

7. Me too Ninja and I'm still waiting for my light sabre....dammit!
  8. The whole e-petition thing reeks of New Labour spin. How can we keep the great unwashed from holding photocalls on the front step of No10 with shopping trolley loads of petitions, yet be seen to be progressive and embracing new technology? Oh and by the way Prime Minister, you won't need to worry about reading what's in them, the Cabinet Office will open a whole new department of Civil Servants to do that (in newly released MOD property).