E(IS) (old WE??) Information

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by R077, Nov 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looking for any current serving or in-the-know folks regarding the E(IS) job. Perhaps a long-shot, there are very few I have heard of and met regarding this. I had some fortune during a short spell at Whale Island, speaking with an Lt Cdr mostly regarding the 45's and future carrier projects. Was interesting but I didn't press into the area involving the E(IS) career, what happens, what you are expected to do etc.

I have had limited information from my OCLO although a ME Officer, from what I gather and he explains (had added that he wasn't entirely sure about the E(IS) stream), involves a lot of project management stints rather than physically interacting with the systems as much.

Pinch of salt on standby any information would be gratefully accepted,

R.

2. There is a huge thread somewhere in the newbies forum - I suggest you strengthen your google-fu and have a look. One of the regular contributors is an E(IS) Officer and he gave a good dit on it. If you have any further questions after that, pse come back and ask again.

Yours,

Al

3. Found it mate, cheers.

4. If you have any ??? that aren't answered, Wave Dodger should be able to help and provide a lot of excellent info as he is 'in the know'.

5. I found a large doc he composed on the topic, printed it out and had a read. Just what I wanted ;)