Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by cobs2012, Dec 18, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

Can I take an e-cigarette to HMS Raleigh ?

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Not anymore, since the UK ratified the Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC) in 1997, and they are now classed as a prohibited article contrary to the Chemical Weapons Act 1996, as advised by Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) based in The Hague.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Yes you can. The same smoking rules apply as if it were a normal cigarette.

4. Quiet night on patrol then Sgt???????????
    • Like Like x 2
  5. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

Why on earth would anyone want to take one? If you want to look like an idiot, have one of those hanging out of your mouth.
  6. Going to have to jump in here. I smoked 10-15 a day until 8 months ago when I started vapeing. I havnt touched a cigarette since. I tried everything and yes ok I have a lack of will power if you like. After smoking since I was 20, 50 now, If I look stupid vapeing then so be it , Ill take that.

Vapeing is the best thing to happen to smokers since , er , smoking.
  7. Does smoking these things have any health hazards, seems to me all they do is allow smokers to smoke for longer
  8. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Whilst they look naff, E-cigs are probably a lot cheaper than another sprog, which is what I ended up quitting with.

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  9. So they can get you pregnant?
  10. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

It depends how you use them apparantly
  11. Health risks? All the tests so far have come up blank but the authorities are trying desperatly to find a reason to stop people using e-cigs. Obviously this is because they make far too much money in tax from cigs. The best reason they have come up with to put a dampener on e-cigs so far, is that it promotes smoking to people who don't smoke. They worry that people will take it up because its safe and that might hook them on the real thing.

I make my own E-liquid so I know exactly what's in it. It contains nicotine in liquid suspension pharmaceutical grade. Vegetable glycol (used in food products and toothpaste) , Propylene glycol (used in inhalers as a delivery method like e-cigs) and food flavourings. All of the stuff used is pharmaceutical grade. I control all the quantities using a pc program for mixing so I can set how much nicotine %, proportion of glycol and flavour for the amount I want to make.

What is produced when using an e-cig? Flavoured steam with some nicotine in it. There is nothing else . No additives no chemicals.

Is anything completely safe? I couldn't say but after ten years no one has died from vaping , is it better than smoking , hell yeah .

Yes its a hell of a lot cheaper especially if you make your own liquid. Yes I use gloves and clean prep area with all the measuring stuff. 30 ml of liquid lasts me a month and costs about 2 quid . Initial outlay for a tank system about 40 quid.
  12. Edited

Ignor this post as it I have done a more detailed one with better links lol.
  13. Ok as to how. You need some basic stuff. First a good ejuice calc program

eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator I use . Its straight fwd to use . Put in the amount you want to make and the concentrate of the nicotene juice because its never 100% . I use 54mg . Put in how much you want to make ie 20ml. Put in the ratio of PG and VG. PG gives you the throat hit like a cigarette and the VG gives you more vapour. I find 80% PG and 20% VG works vest for me. Flavour is personal choice and how strong you want the flavour to be. I usually use 15% maybe 20% depends.

Nicotene strengh,I usually use 6-10mg thats prety low sometimes non at all. Then hit calculate on the program and it will tell you the amounts to use to make this strengh liquid . Ie 7 ml PG 4ml VG 3ml nicotene 4ml flavour ect ect.

then you need some basic measuring stuff. A syringe with blunt needle to measure the volume of componant parts. You can get those anywhere as well on most ejuice sites . Get all that here Postmodern Smoking Mixing Accessories - DIY E-Liquid Mixing - Shop Quality Electronic Cigarettes & Supplies

Ok the stuff itself this is what I use

Postmodern Smoking Liquid Crystal 54 - Nicotine Liquid in PG - 100ml - Nicotine, VG and PG - DIY E-Liquid Mixing - Shop Quality Electronic Cigarettes & Supplies nicotene base.

Postmodern Smoking Propylene Glycol (PG) 120ml - Nicotine, VG and PG - DIY E-Liquid Mixing - Shop Quality Electronic Cigarettes & Supplies Propylene Glycol

Postmodern Smoking Aqueous Vegetable Glycerin (VG) 120ml - Nicotine, VG and PG - DIY E-Liquid Mixing - Shop Quality Electronic Cigarettes & Supplies Vegetable Glycol

You can actually get bulk PG and VG off the net cheaper in one litre cans very very cheap. I got 500ml of each for about 12 quid. Make sure it is pharmaseutical grade.

Any food grade flavour you fancy . I get those off eliquid sites tbh as some fo the stuff you buy in supermarkets have too much sugar in them and can knacker your atomisor in the e-cig. Same site does the flaours Postmodern Smoking Flavours - DIY E-Liquid Mixing - Shop Quality Electronic Cigarettes & Supplies. Theres loads of others depending what you fancy from menthol to banana or coffee to cup cake lol.

Once you have mixed your liquid I pop it in the microwave for 10 seconds to "key" it . Give it a damn good shake , I tend to use the syringe to suck up the liquid and blow it out in a mixing bowl a few times to make sure its thoroughly mixed. You dont want a glob of nicotene liquid in your e-cig that wouldnt be nice .

To use your home made liquid or indeed stuff you have bought you need a tank system e-cig . They are far superor to the shitty things you buy in the shops. I get all my stuff from Apollo e cig. This kit would start you off for 20 quid Apollo Express eGo Kit

Sounds complicated but trust me its damn easy and a bit of fun trying different flavours and mixtures. I can mix up 30 ml in about 5 minutes nowready to vape in 10.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. (granny)

My question remains unanswered! Why would anyone want to? It's like drinking Non-alcoholic beer when you don't drink. Is it a 'Man' thing to do, to show you're one of the guys?
  15. Not at all granny. I like to smoke but its a bit dangerous and makes you smell like shit . Not to mention coughing ur guts up from time to time and getting ill more frequently.

E-cigs are just like smoking . The same habbit of drawing in vapour that hits ur throat like smoke and delivering nicotene . Its just a safer substitute for smoking thats gives you the same saticfaction.

Also I dont have to go outside when in the pub where I can blow smoke rings to my hearts content. Thats until some dick weed bans their use indoors of course.

The comparison to non-alcholic beer is not revelvant as the e-cig is exactly the same as a traditional cancer stick, but, it dosnt have the cancer and debilitating effects of the buring sticks. It has nicotene , it hits your throat like smoke and it has the same ritual effect that cigarettes do. Take out your e-cig and do exactly the same as a cigarette. Stick it in your gob take a toke get a throat hit , get a nicotene fix and blow a smoke ring.

The reason people do it is because its cheaper , safer , you dont stink but you get exactly the same saticfaction with the same effect and ritual.

I dont do it because I want to be "one of the guys" lol . I do it because Im a weak willed son of a bitch who hasnt got the will power to give up cigs. I certainly dont drink non alchohlic beer, like you say whats the *kin point but e-cigs are not cigs without the effects they are delivering the same effect and action.

So there. :lol:
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Sounds like a new money making scam to be perpetrated on idiots to me. If you want to smoke, go out and buy some Capstan full strength (or whatever the equivalent is these days), don't ponce about with pretend cigarettes. On second thoughts, do they still make those icing sugar sticks with red tips that we used to love so much as five year olds? They'd probably do the job.:lol:

17. Are you still tabbing then Wits? I went onto the Vape about a 12 month ago, best thing I have done . I feel better and I am now fitter, and before you say it I am still rats.
  18. (granny)

"I dont do it because I want to be "one of the guys" lol . I do it because Im a weak willed son of a bitch who hasnt got the will power to give up cigs."

I disagree with you there. You obviously have got the will power. You have stopped smoking fags...though you've substituted something in it's place. Has using these e ciggies become become an addiction?
  19. I do it for the same reason you post shite on the internet.

Because I can and because I want to.
  20. More of a habbit just like smoking tbh. I rightly or wrongly , however you wish to look at it , decided that if I can still "smoke,vape" safetly using e-cigs then thats what Ill do. Its probably the same as getting shit faced I guess. It dosnt do you any good medicaly and if you could do it, giving you the same effect but with none of the harmful aspects or the hang overs , I would guess you would choose that.

I do hear ya , smoking is stupid but I like vaping and its not doing me any harm or at least not that anyone can prove at this time . Quite the contrary I feel much better after stopping the fags.