Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"D'ya hear there - calling all beards..."

Blackrat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I prefer these chaps to be honest. Definately more Armyish don't y'know.

http://www.handlebarclub.co.uk/index.php

One of my muckers is a member of this fine club and like me, reads The Chap. Formidable.

digger84

War Hero
''The Chap'' a good read. A quintessentially British publication. I brought it for a laugh and took it down the mess never saw it again. The buggers.

Guzzler

War Hero
pugfrom83 said:
Blackrat said:

One of my muckers is a member of this fine club and like me, reads The Chap. Formidable.

Hate to say this but looks a bit RAFish to me. :oops: :oops:

Can't say I agree. Looks from an age several years prior to the failing 100 year flying club (eight years to go :D ).

Appears the epitome of the late 19th/early 20th century Army SNCO to me.

Blackrat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Guzzler said:
pugfrom83 said:
Blackrat said:

Hate to say this but looks a bit RAFish to me. :oops: :oops:

Can't say I agree. Looks from an age several years prior to the failing 100 year flying club (eight years to go :D ).

Appears the epitome of the late 19th/early 20th century Army SNCO to me.

Cheers Guzzler. As for you Pug, RAF indeed. Those swine stole their style from the Army, damn your eyes. You are lucky i don't demand satisfaction.

By the way, the bloke in the photo is Wyatt Earp.

Guzzler

War Hero
Curses. 9/10 for date, 0/10 for nationality.

Maybe I'll award myself 1/10 as they were still almost Brits then.

That 'Chap' magazine looks pretty splendid - never heard of it before.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Waiting to hear back from capita - anyone else? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
Flatcapper83 When will hear about my entry date in writing? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
mramused Do you hear there? Nautical Jokes 75
BillyNoMates "D'you hear there - Leave!" Travel & The Great Outdoors 24
SONAR-BENDER Good hear innit m8? Diamond Lil's 6
MoD_RSS Defence Minister visits Dalgety Bay to hear concerns of local community Current Affairs 0
Naval_Families_Federation The Royal British Legion's Magazine Want to Hear from YOU Current Affairs 0
Naval_Families_Federation BBC Want to hear from you Current Affairs 0
BillyNoMates D'you hear there! Today is - Diamond Lil's 9
Illuminati Did anyone hear about that new Muslim strip joint that just opened?? Diamond Lil's 0
The_Caretaker Things You Don't Want to Hear During Surgery Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Things You Don't Want To Hear When Regaining Consciousness Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Did u Hear Land Ops 1
The_Caretaker Did u Hear Blue Jokes 1
P Portsmouth News wants to hear your HMS Ark Royal stories Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 6
theymademedoit Great to hear the Froggies have 100% got our backs... Current Affairs 1
2_deck_dash Do you hear there....Radar Maintainer......Bridge. Diamond Lil's 14
T (NORMAN)You could hear a pin drop The Gash Barge 56
wetanduseless Still waiting to hear from AIB Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
Joint_Force_Harrier Bloody Crabs "Lorraine Kelly to hear them dripping" Diamond Lil's 12
Goatman_Blue D'ye HEAR there? British 10K London 12 July 09 Sports and Adventure Training 0
G when do you hear about a joining date ? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 47
Maxi_77 Gordon Really Wanmts To Hear From You Current Affairs 13
L You Gotta hear this bloke sing! The Internet - Best and Worst 6
brazenhussy If he could hear me now......... Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 8
brazenhussy what do you really hate to hear people say? Diamond Lil's 64
T Just applied, how long to hear something? The Corps 9
MoD_RSS Calling on private financial institutions to commit to net zero MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Calling for transparent elections and protecting human rights in Haiti MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Global Ocean Alliance: 30 countries are now calling for greater ocean protection MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recreational sea anglers are calling for greater consideration of their needs and better regulation of commercial fishing practices, says new study. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Calling for an immediate cessation of hostilities in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press statement by Security Council Members calling for the immediate cessation of hostilities in Yemen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS "The world's worst humanitarian crisis can't afford to deteriorate any longer"- Calling for de-escalation in Yemen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Calling for a political settlement in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Calling all robots - Sellafield challenges launched MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Calling for full respect of international law and dialogue in the Middle East MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Calling for peace, security and justice in Bosnia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Pensions cold-calling banned MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Condemning attacks from Gaza into Israel and calling for direct negotiations for two-state solution MoD News 0
dsgrnmcm Calling any plumbers in GUZZ Hobbies & The Great Indoors 2
M Cold calling on the Recruitment Office. What can you expect. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
W Calling Meteor aircrew and ground crew The Fleet Air Arm 1
D Calling all waiting recruits!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Calling all Anxious Applicants Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
C Calling all Foodies Travel & The Great Outdoors 4
G Calling all military spouses!! The Quarterdeck 3
F Calling any submariner chefs Submariners 15
Guns Calling all Gunners need help with Shell ID History 23
RachelC Calling all fundraisers! Royal British Legion PoppyWalk Charity 1