Duty Free's

ANGWISH

Lantern Swinger
Here's one for you folks who are still serving. Can you still buy BLUE LINERS? Neesed a poultice on the back of your neck to get a drag out ot the bloodey things :lol: :lol: :cool:

tufty said:
I've still got my three stamps for August 1977 if that helps ... :)
A Ha !! So you're the blighter who made me three stamps short on my stocktake !!

:smile:

ps. Maybe you should scan them for the oldtimers to reminisce ?

In 1963 whilst still a JEM @ " St Vincent" I recall the ships company moaning about the rise in price of "blue liners" from 2shillings& 4pence per 100 to half a crown per hundred.( 11.5p to 12.5p to all post 71 children) happy days or is it all inflation.

Awful bloody things , emergency use only I'm afraid , glad when they were discontinued , I've giving up altogether now , 3 years in May it will be , thank fxxk , :???:

Spooky thread......I've just been sorting out some stuff from the loft and found these........

As I remember they seemed good value at 51p for 300!! Mind you they gave your lungs a work out trying to drag on them. They also seemed to dry out fairly quickly too. The rolling tobacco was worse - turned to dust as soon as the air hit it.

tufty

Lantern Swinger
Harry Skinters - we can't see your C: drive - you need to put the image on the web somewhere. I don't know why I still had my stamps. I had long given up smoking by 1977 and used to just give them away - for some reason I didn't that month. I do remember though that when I joined and started smoking them it gave you a sore throat so the dit about them being the factory floor sweepings might be a good one !