During Basic Training...

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by OhSoCescyBaby, Feb 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. During basic traing when you do a maths and english test if you pass both of these do they count as a qualification or is it just an internal exam to check you're up to the minimum requirement set by the Government?
    Also, can you do any other exams that will count as qualifications during basic training?
  3. Who's shouting? :s
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

All individuals that have not achieved GCSE grade C or better in Maths & English undergo the government basic skills test.

If you wish to show future employers that you are not illiterate, then you may show them your Basic Skills score. Otherwise you won't have time to undergo further academic courses whilst under training.
  5. In all fairness, he isn't shouting, just being a little bold.
  6. I always thought shouting online was ALL IN CAPS LIKE THIS!!!... I put it in bold 'cause I feel it looks nicer than standard font? lol
  7. It doesn't really look better does it Nate!
    It just makes you "different".
  8. In my opinion it looks better aha, Nate? Who's Nate?
  9. Sorry, do you prefer Topsy?

10. Errrr Give me a valid reason for me to be named "Topsy" and I'll give it some consideration
  11. What would you like to be called? Your username is a bit long, wings.
  12. Forgot to ask...what does cescy mean?
  13. Is this the posh politically correct name for NAMET - or an I showing my age?
  14. I think the poster means Oh So Sexy Baby which means he/she isn't
  15. Yep, it's called LANTERN now, same sh*t for spackers though
  16. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

17. aha it's a play on words, I'm an Arsenal fan, so Oh So Cescy Baby, as in Cesc Fabregas....
  18. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

But you're a bloke, though? Are you gay? If not, you're gonna hate "Channel Night"... 8O :twisted:
  19. Yes - I suspected that might be the case but as is the case with me, I tend not to stick my neck out...ever the fence sitter...
  20. It doesn't work. :cry: