Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dumb Question too scared to ask the CPO

Protected

Hi,

I just joined the RNR, got my kit issued etc. I was in the RAF for a few years and did a couple OP tours etc, and earned the appropriate medals as a SAC.

When I left I got them framed and are now proudly on my wall! Now reading the

And given the limited kit provided, it doesn't appear there is any uniform where wearing medals is allowed?

As we approach remembrance day - I was hoping to be proudly in uniform again for church parade - but don't wanna get in any trouble for wearing my medals from pervious service?

Not that I don't think on remembrance day anyone would pick a guy up for wearing medals earned on blue PCS rig but best ask random people on the internet for advice don't want drop a clanger or ask stupid questions like this in unit!

pompeyexpat

War Hero
Medals are worn with No1 (best) and No2 (mess kit) only; never in PCS, the same as you wouldn’t have worn them in MTP.

Branch-Hopper

War Hero
Oi, @janner - why am I getting the blame? :)

@Protected - as Pompey x (who is far more knowledgeable than I) has said the RN/R only were medals in No1 uniform (or ~2/Mess Kit if applicable). If you are rating entry, and have been given an HMS Raleigh by-pass, then you need to speak to you INT staff and sort your square rig uniform issue. Otherwise this uniform will be issued whilst you are at RAL.

Protected

Ok, cheers... Will just wear my suit with old reg badge etc

For the record, there been a number of remembrance services and other parades - where I have previously worn medals on DPM and then on MTP (showing my age). Guessing down to local CoC.

Appreciate the advice... Any other top tips for this blue kit, while I get my "sea legs", so to speak?

There any good sites to convert crab talk to navy talk? Lots of acronyms I just don't understand yet!

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
If you want to convert Crab talk to Navy speak just ask on here. Not only will we be able to be of assistance it will give us the opportunity to take the pi** on every post.;)

Branch-Hopper

War Hero
For the record, there been a number of remembrance services and other parades - where I have previously worn medals on DPM and then on MTP (showing my age). Guessing down to local CoC.
Nope. The navy never wear medals on working rig. What awful decisions the two junior services make is not for replication now you have moved up the ladder. :)

ETA: With the way things are going CV19 wise I'm not sure Remembrance Sunday is going to present too much of an issue, anyway.

Protected

Yes, I can now take the mike out our my previous peers for 5* hotels and room service.... Wait why did I give that up!

Serious note - just happy to serve and be part of the team, regardless of colour... And hope people remember our brothers and sisters in arms regardless...

civvy_SJM2

Badgeman
Nope. The navy never wear medals on working rig. What awful decisions the two junior services make is not for replication now you have moved up the ladder. :)
Hehe, I love it when the Senior Service is clearly shown to be superior to the Junior Services. Thanks for making my day Branch-Hopper! :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Stirling Dumb. The Gash Barge 7
The_Caretaker Dumb Jock Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Dumb Jock Miscellaneous 0
OhSoCescyBaby Don't mean to sound dumb... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
The_Jimmy Dumb and Dumber International 1
R I'm Dumb and i know it. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
wet_blobby Dumb quotes of the day Diamond Lil's 27
wet_blobby Real dumb fcuk jobs Diamond Lil's 36
D Medals Question Blogs 4
A Question for the Naval Engineers Submariners 2
D Sorry for an eyesight question Joining the Royal Navy 31
H Engineering Officer question RFA 6
P Question for HM officers and those with an in-service degree Joining the Royal Navy 3
U Quick question about paying off foreign RFA 2
MoD_RSS Parliament approves veterans question in next Census MoD News 0
F Question about NSRT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
H Chef question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
L Medical question regarding an allergic reaction (sorry) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
L Just a question regarding the initial officer interview Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
MoD_RSS Public given power to question ‘lenient’ prison sentences MoD News 0
J pre-joining question regarding medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS Turkey military action in Syria: Urgent Question opening statement MoD News 0
S Comms apprentice training question RFA 1
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 42 - General Comment on the Question of the Death Penalty MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Your chance to question Ministry of Defence medals and records experts at Rootstech London 2019 MoD News 0
A Question regarding pre-joining medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
R Question about Qualifications from Ireland Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
MoD_RSS Ask a silly question… MoD News 0
R Bit of an unusual question The Fleet 27
R Royal Marines BMI/weight question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
Kiwi33 Re Join question. Failed Diver trying something different. Joining the Royal Navy 2
Max9393 Tattoo question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
SnowGoose Intake question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
P Question: CD/ESD/UD/LD/TD in RNVR service Nos. History 4
LeedsBornLeedsBred Question regarding 4K squad run at PRNC. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
U Question about paperwork to bring to Raleigh RFA 6
Maxpowers FAC and Shotgun cert holder question. Joining the Royal Navy 3
MoD_RSS News story: Your chance to question Ministry of Defence medals and records experts at Family History Shows MoD News 0
S Question about medical test for navy rating recruits Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
W RFA medical question RFA 2
T Intriguing Forces Question Diamond Lil's 18
Q Medical Record Question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
U Interview soon, question about facial hair RFA 9
NotNickCarter Edinburgh Tattoo (2018) a question Current Affairs 3
Edward-t Question about eye surgery Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
S Question to any current/ex divers - Best ways to equalise? Joining the Royal Navy 4
S Question about allowances The Gash Barge 9
J GS or Boats. Newbie question from an older guy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
MoD_RSS News story: Your chance to question Ministry of Defence medals and records experts at Family History Shows MoD News 0
R Question regarding medical and headaches Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7