Dumb Question too scared to ask the CPO

Protected

Hi,

I just joined the RNR, got my kit issued etc. I was in the RAF for a few years and did a couple OP tours etc, and earned the appropriate medals as a SAC.

When I left I got them framed and are now proudly on my wall! Now reading the

And given the limited kit provided, it doesn't appear there is any uniform where wearing medals is allowed?

As we approach remembrance day - I was hoping to be proudly in uniform again for church parade - but don't wanna get in any trouble for wearing my medals from pervious service?

Not that I don't think on remembrance day anyone would pick a guy up for wearing medals earned on blue PCS rig but best ask random people on the internet for advice don't want drop a clanger or ask stupid questions like this in unit!

Branch-Hopper

War Hero
Oi, @janner - why am I getting the blame? :)

@Protected - as Pompey x (who is far more knowledgeable than I) has said the RN/R only were medals in No1 uniform (or ~2/Mess Kit if applicable). If you are rating entry, and have been given an HMS Raleigh by-pass, then you need to speak to you INT staff and sort your square rig uniform issue. Otherwise this uniform will be issued whilst you are at RAL.

Protected

Ok, cheers... Will just wear my suit with old reg badge etc

For the record, there been a number of remembrance services and other parades - where I have previously worn medals on DPM and then on MTP (showing my age). Guessing down to local CoC.

Appreciate the advice... Any other top tips for this blue kit, while I get my "sea legs", so to speak?

There any good sites to convert crab talk to navy talk? Lots of acronyms I just don't understand yet!

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
If you want to convert Crab talk to Navy speak just ask on here. Not only will we be able to be of assistance it will give us the opportunity to take the pi** on every post.;)

Branch-Hopper

War Hero
For the record, there been a number of remembrance services and other parades - where I have previously worn medals on DPM and then on MTP (showing my age). Guessing down to local CoC.
Nope. The navy never wear medals on working rig. What awful decisions the two junior services make is not for replication now you have moved up the ladder. :)

ETA: With the way things are going CV19 wise I'm not sure Remembrance Sunday is going to present too much of an issue, anyway.

Protected

Yes, I can now take the mike out our my previous peers for 5* hotels and room service.... Wait why did I give that up!

Serious note - just happy to serve and be part of the team, regardless of colour... And hope people remember our brothers and sisters in arms regardless...

civvy_SJM2

Lantern Swinger
Nope. The navy never wear medals on working rig. What awful decisions the two junior services make is not for replication now you have moved up the ladder. :)
Hehe, I love it when the Senior Service is clearly shown to be superior to the Junior Services. Thanks for making my day Branch-Hopper! :)