Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Due to join the RMR prior service check and security vetting worry

PERSEC

Midshipman
Hi all.

I've started an application recently to join the RMR. I'm just wondering what is a stopper on prior service and what kind of crimes usually prevent SC being granted? Thanks!

So here's my situation.

In cronoligical order-

When I was 11- posession of an offensive weapon in a public place (it was a BB gun and a metal police cosh) I recoeved a warning for this
17- criminal damage (argument at home, I threw a brush into the staircase and the brush snapped :L ) I was reffered to a youth offending team, who after speaking to me said I don't need to contact them again as they understood the reasons behind the situation.
18- conviction for battery (and breach of bail condtions for harrasment twice)
20- PND (penalty notice for disorder) (theft act 1968)
and inbetween there the police have been phoned a few times to come to the house due to arguments my family have had... and I was obviously apart of them and thus questioned. Can't wait to leave here!

I'd say that was it, but it's not really is it. I'm finacially alright, medically, and pretty normal in most other aspects... And I'd never attempt a cough against the Government! I've also been in the Army altogether for about 18 months Regular/Reserve and signed official secrets acts etc and no dramas there!

This is my full criminal history, I'm almost 22 now so is it all time dependent or based on honesty? I'm pretty worried about this but time will only tell!

Thanks all!

Last edited:

PERSEC

Midshipman
Ninja_Stoker Yeah that's me too pal. I'm trying to get as many answers as possible :)

And I left after 2 weeks because I tried basically convicing myself I could go for the Paras because I couldn't get in the RM's due to a conviction, however the ROA is now changing so good news! Just security clearanceand prior service checks. It was an admin discharge, I requested it. Nothing dodgy.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Looking to join the navy, unsure due to daughter Nearest & Dearest 2
MoD_RSS Charity shop re-seller banned for under-declaring taxes due MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Charity regulator launches second inquiry into Rabia Educational Trust due to continued failings MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Public asked not to gather at the Cenotaph for Remembrance Sunday due to coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Job Support Scheme expanded to firms required to close due to Covid Restrictions MoD News 0
soleil P. News: "Royal Navy's HMS Sultan Forced To Cancel Popular Fireworks Due To Covid-19" Bases / Shore Est 4
MoD_RSS £11 billion boost for taxpayers facing difficulty due to coronavirus (COVID-19) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Extension to clinical excellence awards due to expire in April 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Further visa extensions for those unable to return home due to coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Social housing sector was in a good financial position at end of March 2020 but faces considerable challenges due to coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Tax credits customers will continue to receive payments even if working fewer hours due to COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS IPO support to suppliers due to COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS AAIB Report: Jodel D117A, heavy landing due to detachment of prosthesis MoD News 0
MoD_RSS All VMD inspections postponed due to coronavirus (COVID-19) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Visas extended for those currently unable to return home due to COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New arrangements for MHRA Good Practice (GxP) inspections due to coronavirus (COVID-19) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Automated cone laying vehicle trials due to start MoD News 0
F Can't get bank account due to marker. Is this a bar to entry? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
slim Sikh couple barred from adopting white child due to ‘cultural heritage’ Current Affairs 18
MoD_RSS Press release: Almost 9 out of 10 child hospital tooth extractions due to decay MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Spring announcement due for A358 route solution MoD News 0
soleil Mail: Royal Navy Keeps Old Offshore Patrol Ships It Was Due To Retire For Post-Brexit Coastline Protection The Fleet 1
M Declared medically unfit due to hernia operation 13 years ago!! Joining the Royal Navy 9
I Question of whether I would be accepted due to drug use in medical history? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
J failed the medical standard for entry due to Gilbert's syndrome? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
S When is SDSR due? Current Affairs 20
E Baby due whilst partner will be away Nearest & Dearest 6
H failed medical due to high blood pressure Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 46
P Yet another submariner memoir due out in June Submariners 6
S ineligible to apply due to ventolin prescription for chest infection Health & Fitness 9
Olly013 AIB fail due to university? - Some advice please Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
B medical board due Health & Fitness 1
soleil HMS Collingwood Open Day 2012 Cancelled Due To The Weather Bases / Shore Est 3
G Medical Discharge due to Asthma Health & Fitness 18
H Medical - Delay due to injury.. Waiting time affected? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
Muppet89 Not eligible to reapply due to previous discharge...appeal?! Health & Fitness 10
janner Government issued travel warning due to the cold weather. Miscellaneous 4
soleil Mail: "Submarine Delay Due To Budget Cuts 'Puts Britain's Security At Risk'" Submariners 0
trelawney126 Meteor Shower due 8th October Current Affairs 3
soleil Navy News: "Due South (Georgia) For HMS Gloucester" The Fleet 0
finknottle Lockerbie bomber may be released due to terminal cancer Current Affairs 34
P due date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
beer_bosun Handy advice for anyone due a PULHHEEMS medical Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 12
P When is Nov pay run due? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 9
5dits Barred from joining RN due to a tattoo Current Affairs 80
Ninja_Stoker Regognition where it's due Current Affairs 7
D Guess J_D's due date! Social & Reunions 14
F Anybody know when the bounty is DUE to go in? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 43
B AIRCRAFT GROUNDED DUE TO FOG Site Issues 8
T rejected due to eyesight Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19