Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dubai

stirlingmw said:
TA, where do you go for your friday brunch. we couldnt find anywhere. We do the friday thing everytime we are in Bahrain though. In Oman at the mo.

Lots of options for Friday Brunch, some examples;

Uber-Posh-Nosh:

The Ritz Carlton c. £35 a skull for Good Plonk and Caviar
Al Qasr c. £30, three great resteraunts, loads of shampoo and great grub
Bab Al Shams c. £35, desert retreat
Al Hamra, c. £35 - £45, Posh desert retreat (yes, they do more than just a des(s)ert!!

Posh-Nosh:

The Fairmont, just under £30 for a champagne brunch, but not the same beach views as Al Qasr and the Ritz.
The Hyatts (three of them)
The Hiltons (Hunners!)
The Radissons (two of them)

Nosh:

Waxy O'Connors, c. £20, BEER, BEER, Food, BEER & BEER
Al Manzil, c. £20, Good Grub, South African/Tri-Nations Pub (Nezesaussie)

Time Out Dubai has more listings.

But if any RR'er is ever over here, drop me a PM, let me know.

stirlingmw

Badgeman
Trooped_Again said:
stirlingmw said:
TA, where do you go for your friday brunch. we couldnt find anywhere. We do the friday thing everytime we are in Bahrain though. In Oman at the mo.

Lots of options for Friday Brunch, some examples;

Uber-Posh-Nosh:

The Ritz Carlton c. £35 a skull for Good Plonk and Caviar
Al Qasr c. £30, three great resteraunts, loads of shampoo and great grub
Bab Al Shams c. £35, desert retreat
Al Hamra, c. £35 - £45, Posh desert retreat (yes, they do more than just a des(s)ert!!

Posh-Nosh:

The Fairmont, just under £30 for a champagne brunch, but not the same beach views as Al Qasr and the Ritz.
The Hyatts (three of them)
The Hiltons (Hunners!)
The Radissons (two of them)

Nosh:

Waxy O'Connors, c. £20, BEER, BEER, Food, BEER & BEER
Al Manzil, c. £20, Good Grub, South African/Tri-Nations Pub (Nezesaussie)

Time Out Dubai has more listings.

But if any RR'er is ever over here, drop me a PM, let me know.

I think we were looking in the wrong areas TA. Dont think we are going back there this deployment. Got the Friday brunch booked when we get back to Bahrain. Its great, i normally remember up to around the 4pm mark, then its all a blur after that.

stirlingmw

Badgeman
it gets earlier and earlier the older and oldder i get. I cant keep up with these young lads any more. I take it, its only us thats at work TA.

Looks like it shippers, every one else will be sleeping, except SPB, I think he is in DG (couple of hours ahead) and China is in, well, China, somewhere, so well ahead.

What's the rumour I hear about not getting drink in Bahrain until late at night?

Never been, but one of the guys I work with has done Saudi, Qatar and Bahrain, he claims that Qatar and Bahrain had late opening bars (Saudi has no bars, obviously).

stirlingmw

Badgeman
There was a rumour of Bahrain going totally dry, but i think that has been quashed. All the hotels are still serving. I think there is too much of a trade there for them to get rid of it. As far as I am aware there hasnt been any restrictions placed on what time you can get drink either, but then we have been stuck in Oman (broken) for the last 2 months. 2 of our lads have there wives out in Bahrain, and they havent said anything to the contrary.

Ah, Friday brunch during Ramadan is dry.

In Dubai, during Ramadan, no booze 'til 7pm and no live music.

Ramadan is c. 12th/13th Sept to 12th/13th Oct, then Eid