Dubai

Including the humour, I don't think there is a bad review on this forum for Dubai, so get PO Stoker to fish his wallet out and get the flights booked.

Don't know where you'll be coming from, but KLM & Emirates are by far the best. You will need to come through Heathrow with BA, and as they are achieving Olympic status with the number of bags they lose, they are not worth the risk.

Defintiley recommend KLM, great airline, laid back staff, and coming through Schipol is a breeze, Emirates are usually direct from Glasgow, Manchester and London.

www.klm.com
www.emirates.com

Edited, because I just read Chaz's message and spotted my ugly spelling!!

Chaz

MIA
Trooped_Again said:
Don't where you'll be coming from, but KLM & Emirates and by far the best, you need to come through Heathrow with BA, and they are achieving Olympic status with the number of bags they lose, not worth the risk.

I flew Royal Brunei Airlines out there who apart from being "dry" were exceptional, certainly up there with Emirates who I've also flown with to the same location.

Royal Brunei were also the cheapest, flight including taxes etc was about £230 about 18 months ago.

Emirates are the cats pyjamas and Dubai is great for diving (if that floats your boat).
Like everywhere else, a change is as good as a rest.

Ah now, not that I would dare, I mean, never would I assume that you, well, would be, were, in fact, that you wouldn't, I mean, erm, you're not then?

So why are you green then?

War Hero
the last time I was there the diving in Dubai wasn't up to much, although that was a few years ago.

OTOH the golf is good.

The diving is good on the Fujeirah side of the Emirates, about an hour and a half away. Indian Ocean side.

Golf is bloody expensive and it's summer, so waiting for winter, cooler but EVEN MORE expensive.

Trooped_Again said:
Ah now, not that I would dare, I mean, never would I assume that you, well, would be, were, in fact, that you wouldn't, I mean, erm, you're not then?

So why are you green then?
Green with envy that I wasn't a sun dodger :pukel:

War Hero
Trooped_Again said:
The diving is good on the Fujeirah side of the Emirates, about an hour and a half away. Indian Ocean side.

I'd agree with that, really enjoyed it over there, but inside the gulf it was pretty lifeless.

Golf is bloody expensive and it's summer, so waiting for winter, cooler but EVEN MORE expensive.

Golf is always exensive :) I do my best to get a lot of value from the green fees ;)

ettridge

Badgeman
Bloody hell lads ,I was there in 65 for a run ashore from Gurkha.It was set up by my oppo at the time because his old man had contacts there.Cost us 50p insurance on a R.A.F flight to Sharja and a land rover to Dubai, staying at the Hilton which had just been built, only other hotel was Oasis.

ettridge said:
Bloody hell lads ,I was there in 65 for a run ashore from Gurkha.It was set up by my oppo at the time because his old man had contacts there.Cost us 50p insurance on a R.A.F flight to Sharja and a land rover to Dubai, staying at the Hilton which had just been built, only other hotel was Oasis.

The place has changed dramatically since then mate, tourism and oil rules, hotels are being thrown up at a remarkably rate, infrastructure, roads and railway all being constructed. Amazing.

Log on to a few of the tourist websites, particularly www.dubaitourism.ae, this gives a great idea of how Dubai looks now.