Dual nationality and birth certificates?

Discussion in 'RFA' started by C.Morgan, Jun 25, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey all.

Does having dual nationality bar you from entry?

I was born in Spain on a U.S naval base. My Father is American and my Mother is Scottish. I have lived in Scotland for the past 25 years(excluding a few months abroad living/working in 2012) and the only valid passport that I have is a British one. I do have have an out of date American one that is very old and has the cuts in the corners.

I have searched high and low for my birth certificate and I cannot find it. Its an American birth certificate.Also it is proof of birth abroad.An American birth certificate detailing that I was born abroad. Will I need the certificate to progress through application?

Best Regards.
    C.Morgan.

2. I'd join the US Navy, they've still got one!

Did join up around the same time as a guy who was Italian by birth but moved to the UK as a baby, he got call up papers for the Italian forces whilst at Culdrose on Pt 4 training.

Another ex WO I know was born in the states when his dad was working out there, he was also contacted by the US about doing some military time. He always said he wished he had after two failed UK marriages.

3. As long as you hold a British passport you should be fine, that's all that counts.. The guys at recruitment will settle any major concerns for you, give them a ring, but from personal experience it's not a problem.

4. I like this answer a lot!!!!!

Best Regards.
    C.Morgan.