Drugs - how do they do it?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by SONAR-BENDER, Oct 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So, I have a sore ear. I yomp down an Ibuprofen or similar. 20 minutes later, everything is good.

How do they do that?

My ear is for argument's sake 2ft from the base of my stomach. How does that little tablet know to climb upwards and go and fix my ear, and not take the easy path and drop down to make my toes go numb. AND by then it has dissolved, so it's a liquid ffs!!

Pretty amazing stuff, eh!

I really should get out more!
  2. They put me on Diclofenac far stronger that brufen. Then one Doc told me to come of Diclofenac long term effect it can cause a stroke. Been taking them for five years what do they call long term.
  3. Contrary to what The Verve have stated, the drugs do work.
  4. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Tell me about it man...... :wink: :D
  5. Don't hog the meth pipe :arrow: :drunken: :cyclopsani: :smurf: :whax: :whdat: :scratch:
  6. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I'm getting flashbacks now.....work....Oh scary shite.... :cry:
  7. Don't know about that -a family member of mine took Diclofenac every single day for the last 11 years of his life. It wasn't the tablets that killed him and they made his life much easier on a daily basis.
  8. Diclofenac is a drug which, although a good anti-inflammatory, has significant adverse effects on the kidneys and the stomach lining. Current thinking is that is should not be used as a longterm medication but is fine in short bursts. On age criteria alone (although I hate arbitrary figures), I wouldn't put anyone over the age of 70 on it - the risks of side-effects are too great.
  9. jockpopeye

jockpopeye Badgeman Book Reviewer

Ah, I am reminded of when I injured myself, the paramedics were called and promptly gave me a shot of morphine. I then proceeded to ask the PTI if he could put on a Pink Floyd cd 8O
  10. My bold.
    Feck me, Jock, you must have been really ill. 8)
  11. jockpopeye

jockpopeye Badgeman Book Reviewer

I am getting better.

The PTI responded "remember you are on the Navy's time now son... ...bleedin civvies.

Also as I got loaded into the ambulance I confessed to enjoying PT and that I thought the PTI's were sound bunch.

This was definitely the morphine as obviously they are sub humans who revel in the torture others