Drug use in the RM

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by Uber-bite, Feb 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi folks, I've been reading these forums for a while so i thought i'd finally join.

First point. This is not a nails style bite thread, i just want to hear your thoughts on this.
    Obviously, drug use in the corps is unacceptable full stop as I understand it and if you get caught you will be binned. However, there are and have been for a while, blokes who are blantantly using anabolic steroids at units. Do the mandatory drugs tests not test for these or are the lads just switched on at how to avoid detection?
    At any rate should it not be the case that use of such things leads to a swift binning just the same because lets face it, their use is much easier to spot?

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Welcome.

My understanding is that the official line is that any individual found in possession of non-prescribed steroids will face disciplinary action & dismissal.

3. Ditto Ninja.

Drug abuse FULLSTOP is not tolerated, if a person is found to be using, this will result in disciplinary action.

p.s. the fish ain't biting :wink:

4. When I attended my last drugs lecture, the MAA in charge of the brief confirmed that they are now testing for Steriods. If you take them and get caught you will be discharged end of story.

Supermario

:)

5. Bottom line is that your either fit enough to do the course without them or you aren't. Simple!!

6. Better than tele they were back ion the day! That video of the Submariner having a flash back to some 70s disco, and the story of the Gerbil being used to insert white poweder into an oppos arrse. Rat arrsed as it were. That was never true surley.

7. Did you see the one where the lass had a flash back in her bathroom and cut her face up with a razor blade?

8. [/quote]

Bottom line is that your either fit enough to do the course without them or you aren't. Simple!![/quote]

I'm not talking about nodai using them, that doesn't happen and it's very very rare if it does. It's the 16-18 stone monsters at units who are never out of the gym that i'm on about.

9. I remember that one alone with the one where the guy cut his girlfriends head off as he was tripping out it was a snake. Also the one who filled a black bag up with glue to sniff and it killed him inside it.

10. Bottom line is that your either fit enough to do the course without them or you aren't. Simple!![/quote]

I'm not talking about nodai using them, that doesn't happen and it's very very rare if it does. It's the 16-18 stone monsters at units who are never out of the gym that i'm on about.[/quote]

???

11. Wasn't there another about a guy who jumped off a building during a flash back cus he thought he could fly?

Brings back memories...........the course that is :roll:

12. Ok if we're being random................I'm Spartacus :wink:

13. NO.............I'M BRIAN!! :p

14. I'm.................in my favourite Laura Ashley number wearing sussies and high heels. God i look good!!

Ooop thinking out loud again!! :D

15. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Bottom line is that your either fit enough to do the course without them or you aren't. Simple!![/quote]

I'm not talking about nodai using them, that doesn't happen and it's very very rare if it does. It's the 16-18 stone monsters at units who are never out of the gym that i'm on about.[/quote]

Nah, got me stumped as to where the muscles came from. :wink:

16. Not to mention the fact that you're stupid - the side effects are pretty nasty. If they worked, without adverse effects, then we would use them for that purpose. Guess what - we don't.

17. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Posing the question - if he thought he could fly, why didn't he take off from the ground first?! :? :roll:

18. I once nicked a Para for jumping off a well known high street bank...complete with parachute...naked (he was naked not me!). I didn't know where to look, never mind put the handcuffs! 8O Just thought I would share that!!! 8O :D

19. Moomin- are you a copper? Oh christ... no where near the places mentioned in our convo the other day I hope? haha :)

20. Don't recall that one. I do remember the lecturing reggies bringing in their box of treats they have with all their favourite drugs to show everyone.