Drop out

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by WillRawlinson, Feb 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

I am currently waiting on a PJFT and am at university in my first year. It is apparent that I have picked the wrong course and am failing miserably. My careers officer has known from the start that I intend to go straight into the service, dropping out of university if and when I receive a job offer. How much would it affect my application if I was to drop out early? Would it be possible to join the RNR in the mean time if I were to drop out?

Thanks for any replies

2. Hi
    Having been previously with the RMR, I tried to get back with the corps till my number was called. Sadly my CA said you can apply for reg whilst as a reserve, but you can't apply as a reserve whilst applying as a reg. As annoying as it may be, it makes horrible horrible sense. Sorry about that.

3. I'm applying to the regs, and while I'm waiting for my BRNC start date my local reserve unit have said I can train with them while I'm waiting. That might be because I'm already quite far down the application process, but it might be worth an ask?

4. Ref dropping out - if at all possible don't become a quitter until you have the job offer from the RN, otherwise you will then have to explain it at every subsequent job interview.....

5. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

RNR / RN applications are separate. You won't be able to easily cut across the two. Focus on getting into the RN and dont waste your time with the RNR.

6. From the RNR Officer.....

• Like Like x 1