Discussion in 'Motoring' started by Honour_Courage_Respect, Mar 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. First time :)

2. Second time, through no fault of my own

0 vote(s)
  3. Three or more times

0 vote(s)
  1. How mant times did you take your test before you passed?
    Me, i've just failed for my second time :violent1: and just wanted to see how i compare with other people!
  2. Twice, but they were stricter on the roads in those days ( and it was in Pompey !!)

3. Failed my first driving test on Tuesday of this week

Booked my second in a few weeks time.

Bloody pain in the arse.
  4. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Passed first time on 4 wheels back in 1981 (yes, I'm an old fart!) when driving standards were so much higher than today and pass really meant something... hold on, we're not talking about O-levels/GCSE standards here are we? :)

Also passed first time on 2 wheels a few years later (about 20 to be precise) where the road-awareness I'd developed in the car proved helpful in learning to ride the bike.
  5. Passed on my second go in 1972. Bit quieter on the roads then. Hand signals for the test Haa.
  6. I passed my driving test at the first attempt in 1982 after only six lessons. I took and passed my bike test back in '95 after doing a 3-day course, with my only previous bike experience being an hour or two to do my CBT a few years earlier. My first (and so far, only) bike was a VFR750 FL. I look forward to getting another one when I leave the mob.
  7. Took me three times --------
    first time i knew i'd failed
    second time thought i'd passed
    third time couldn't give a toss and passed
    Dunfermline 1964 .

The test is easy compared to the first time solo in your own shiney
    motor that cost a arm n a leg!!

:nemo: :nemo:
  8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Passed first time in '95; had three weeks leave, block booked some lessons and my test, my Instructor was ex-Army (and actually had Port and Starboard tippexed on the steering wheel!).

Did my bike test in Gibraltar in '99; one theory lesson followed by the theory test. Three practical lessons followed by the test. Cost me £75 all in (plus £20 for my licence). Bunch of cowboys, but I got a UK-accredited licence out of it (converted it via DVLA when I returned home).
  9. Test?