Driving Offence

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by jjp23, Jan 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Morning,

I have a quick question i can't find the answer for.

On friday i got flashed by a speed camera, i have no idea if it is going to come through or not. I was about 4miles over the limit. I have never been done before.

I am now worried that if it does come through it will ruin my application to join the RN as i am due to go to Raleigh in march. Does anyone know the rules on this?

Thanks, jjp23.
  2. 4MPH!! My God man Stand By for the vaunted Royal Navy Police to kick your front door in and haul you off for a flogging round the Fleet!
    If you're guilty pay the fine.
    Inform your AFCO soonest. Be prepared for a "TUT!"
    PM Ninja_Stoker or SuperMario first for confimation if you're worried, but I doubt that a minor traffic offence, will effect your entry. Just take it as an early warning and remember how you feel now and that your behaviour needs to be exlempary from now on.
    Very few of us will always have obeyed speed limits so ignore those baying for your blood for your rampant speeding!
    Good luck.
  3. You're fcuked mate, better start preparing yourself for a long and mind numbing career in the RAF.
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Minor motoring offences such as speeding or parking spot fines, providing they do not result in a ban or are not linked to serious motoring offences such as no licence, no insurance or drink drive will not be an issue regarding suitability for service.

If you are due to appear in court for the offence, it must be disclosed to your AFCO as you cannot be spared in basic training to attend court.

Best of luck & slow down!
  5. you should receive the NIP within two weeks. Google pepipoo for further details. :wink:
  6. Cheers guys,

If it comes through it will be £60 and 3 points i think. I have no other points or anything so i am sure i will be ok, thank god.
  7. Four miles over, you sir are worse than Hitler. Haven't you been paying attention to any of those incredibly tedious, patronising STOP adverts with the weird looking dead ginger kid?
  8. You may want to reconsider joining, as the RN does'nt need a dirty little back street villan like you joining the ranks.
    It'll be your safty catch next!
  9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Oh dear, was that supposed to encourage those without ginger hair to drive slower or faster?
  10. I am fully aware that my heinous crime of 4miles over the speed limit should see me sentenced to a slow and painful death. As stated, compared to Hitler, I am considerably worse and should be dealt with accordingly. :roll:
  11. I often wonder if my speedo is working when other's overtake. Can the speedcam take two pics at the same time. I did read about a guy recieving a summons in the post quite often his car parked outside his home near a speedcam when the cam flashed it grabbed his parked car.
  12. Depending on your area and other circumstances you may not get sumonsed for 4 mph, or if you are you may get offered a driver awareness course, expensive but you avoid points on your licence.

Avon and Lincolnshire/South Humberside in my expirience are not lenient :oops:
  13. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Just keep on electing Broon and Co and the whole of the UK, drivers and non-drivers, will be subject to a slow painful death, five years at a time :twisted:
  14. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

jjp23: Your regional Traffic Safety Unit contacted me this morning about your speeding offence, and they wanted to check Service databases to establish your identity and whether the impending prosecution will have implications on your future RN career. Suffice to say, the offence itself is the least of your concerns - as a result of the evidence presented to me I have been authorised to arrest you, then seize and destroy your pride and joy, for driving an offensive vehicle...

Seriously, you have nowt to worry about. No doubt The Ginger Ninger will be along shortly to placate you in his own very special way... :wink:
  15. Well bugger me, there goes £60 down the drain for Mr Brown and co to waste on something.

I now await for the firing squad.
  16. Did ya get 3 points as well, you fucking Crim?
  17. Yep i did. :roll: