Driving Lessons

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Stefan_grainger, Apr 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Would you get enough free time during phase 2 training to do lessons or is it a big no no.
  2. Yes. Plenty enough time in the evenings and weekends to squeeze in an hour or two of driving lessons.
  3. Wait till after phase 2 get a draft that requires a driving adqual, and nice mr pusser will pay for it for you, or mention it to you DO post training along with words like Investors in people, and advantages to the Navy.
  4. The lady who tested my eyes said that the navy paid for your driving lessons, like other people's eyes she'd tested had said that, am I being terribly naive or is this true?

5. Sorry can't confirm whether you're naive or not, but the only driving lessons pusser ever paid me for qualified me to drive everything from a mine hunter to an aircraft carrier - cars no - speedboats no, in fact anything useful no
  6. There's an ex-FT (now RNR) CPO at my place who will proudly show off his licence, boasting that the Navy paid for him to take his car test in '92. Also got all the B+E, C1, C1+E, D1, D1+E etc they used to give away free with Cat B before '97.
  7. Times have changed and money is no longer as freely available. There are, however, still some circumstances whereby you can qualify for a free RN drivers course but these aren't common.