Driving In The Navy

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by J.Ryan, Jun 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just signed up to the site, thinking of joining the navy / army but want to know if they do anything to do with driving like in the army ?

Regards

2. In the navy they do something called sailing.

3. ya dont say, the army do something like shoot people but they do otherthings.

4. Join the submarine service - they drive boats rather than sail ships

5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

...Like shag heffers?! :?

6. If you want to be taught to drive at government expense then join the Army.

7. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Yes, I drove a white convery van from the south end of faslane to the north and back again today. On the way I had to observe the 20 mph speed limit, avoid the ducks on the road and negotiate the MPGS guard at the red area.

If all you want to do is drive and sit on you ARSE join another site.

8. Typical a young lad asks a simple question and all he gets is sarcastic comments.

Have a pleasant evening
    IDOITDEEPER

9. So Solly, but the twit deserved the comments.
    He wants to be a sailor, how far does he think he can drive on a pussers war canoe?

10. witsend

Haha,,,,if only this was in a different forum.

Do ensure the front doors locked
    WITSEND

11. Ermmmm

Above your swad Slim?

Yours sarcastically
    IDOITDEEPER

12. It's like joining the RAF and wanting to sail boats.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. And you WITSEND do ensure your backdoor is well and truly locked :thumright:

Regards
    IDOITDEEPER

14. witsend

Behave youself, I don't bat that way.

Bugger off.
    WITENDS

15. Prat........idoitdeeper prick

16. You cant train as a driver, however if you want to get a forklift/HGV licence then Logisitican Supply is the job for you.

If however you join up in any branch you can go on a pussers drivers course in Nelson and get your civvy driving licence, Just like I did.

17. And nice to meet you as well cornishgolfer.

Have a nice day you impotent wrinkled old fart

IDOITDEEPER

18. In the dim and distant past,Naval personell were employed in the RNB Pompey transport section,I joined this happy band on two occasions after paying off and awaiting my next daft.
    Mainly transporting drafts and kit in and around Pompey, this incidentally was in the 50s,

19. Remember the RN does allow the annual education allowance to be used for driving lessons. This at least helps with the cost

20. Mind you quite a lot of Crabs sail and some actually sail quite well.