Driving ban while signing up

Hi I signed up for air engineer passed entry test and interview. While I was in the process I got a drink driving ban of 3 years, which resulted in me fail8ng security clearance.
Does anybody know if I will pass security after my 3 years are up or if I'll have to wait another year for the rehibiltion process? So 4 years in total to re apply .
Thanks

Sorry can't answer your question, was the drinking alcohol then driving worth all the crap it has now caused you? To get a 3 year ban you must have been well over the limit?

It was certainly not worth losing my chance in the navy. But it is done now can't change that. But I hope to re apply as soon as I am eligible. Only just over second offence with in 10 years

It was certainly not worth losing my chance in the navy. But it is done now can't change that. But I hope to re apply as soon as I am eligible. Only just over second offence with in 10 years
Just be aware that you'll probably have to discuss the bans in your interview when you eventually reapply. I don't know what your interviewers will be like, but I would be less than understanding.
And of course, try not to do it again within the next 4 years cos that would REALLY f*ck things up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Under the current rehabilitation of offenders act you must be 12 months clear of the conviction, fines paid, licence back. A three year ban is spent once you have your licence back. A fine is now spent once paid in full, 12 months after the date of conviction. It used to be five years!

Page 4 refers under 'fines' and 'disqualification': http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/-/media/files/cnr-pdfs/afo-mod-form-493-march-2014-version.pdf?la=en-gb

So I'm looking at 4 years from date of conviction? I paid the fine straight away. Just wondering with it being a 3 year ban I might not have to wait another year after. My careers advisor dealing with my application wasn't sure on this

The rehab periods run concurrently, as stated above. ie: Three years, not four.
Sorry yes I've just seen that so as soon I have my licence back I will get security clearance. Well an truly learnt my lesson. Going to spend next two years getting qualifications to save time when I join and start my training. Thank you very much for your help much appreciated

Maybe you can get some professional help to discuss your drinking, it may help at interview to show you have reformed and sort help?

Maybe you can get some professional help to discuss your drinking, it may help at interview to show you have reformed and sort help?

I have helped myself I can count on one hand how many times I've had a drink in the 9 months since. I never had a drinking problem in the first place. I had 3 pints an drove 2 miles home around Xmas an got caught. Very stupid of me but it's in the past

G

guestm

I have helped myself I can count on one hand how many times I've had a drink in the 9 months since. I never had a drinking problem in the first place. I had 3 pints an drove 2 miles home around Xmas an got caught. Very stupid of me but it's in the past
If you make decisions that lead to events like that, then you do have a problem, that's a fact. Once is almost forgivable, but twice. Sumo's advice is sound.

I wouldn't employ you. I've known people kicked out of the forces for that. Be thankful you get a chance at all.

If you make decisions that lead to events like that, then you do have a problem, that's a fact. Once is almost forgivable, but twice. Sumo's advice is sound.

I wouldn't employ you. I've known people kicked out of the forces for that. Be thankful you get a chance at all.
No point getting help for a drink problem I don't have. I made a very bad choice the last one I'll ever make I can assure you. But with a profile picture like that I wouldnt listen to you. You don't seem to have the best decision making yourself putting that picture on here

G

guestm

No point getting help for a drink problem I don't have. I made a very bad choice the last one I'll ever make I can assure you. But with a profile picture like that I wouldnt listen to you. You don't seem to have the best decision making yourself putting that picture on here
Making that mistake twice means you have a problem, be it either with drink, or action and consequence. Having a drinking problem isn't as simple as a tick box as to whether you keep a bottle of vodka in the bottom drawer of your desk or not. As a result of drinking, you've experienced two life changing scenarios. Decide whether that is a problem or not, you already know the answer.

Your decision though, with your track record I'm sure you'll make the right one.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
I will have my licence back at 27 months as they put me on a drink driving course. Would this make the time shorter or would I still have to wait 3 years?
Read the rehabilitation of offenders link, and the answer already given in post #7, see what you think.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
trelawney126 Motoring 0
Shakey Miscellaneous 0
bitty RMR 0