Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Drinks in London

Fletch said:
sweeney said:
I will be bringing a spare pair of jeans in case I piss meself.

ooooh is it jeans or not? London... big city... dress code?

No worries about Dress Code, Sweeney Oppo, those of us that are in the Smoke already at work will have to wear whatever is acceptable there before meeting up for a few whets on the run. It's just whatever you are comfortable in I guess. Maybe, before the event, we could come up with an "aid to recognition" as the pubs may get a bit busy around knocking off time in Westminster, but otherwise you could turn up in knicks and flip-flops and a towel if you wanted, this IS a Pusser's run you know matey !!!!

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

I trust everyone that has signed up so far will be in fine signing voice as I haven't had a reunion run yet (with the lads and lassess from www.mylostoppos.com) when we haven't "entertained" the pub's clientelle some time during the evening !!!

:lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Sounds about right! That'll be VERY distinctive!

I've got a un-ribboned sailor's hat dating from 1960 from the ship's stores in the G Place (still in its brown wrapper) despite never having been there or been a matelot! :oops: :mrgreen: :lol: :oops: :oops: Perhaps wearing that would be wrong: impersonating a sailor!!! :shock: :eek: :oops: I could do with a ribbon to circumnavigate the circumference: HMS Gay Civvy! :wink: :lol: :lol:

Always_a_Civvy said:
Fletch said:
sweeney said:
I will be bringing a spare pair of jeans in case I piss meself.

ooooh is it jeans or not? London... big city... dress code?

No worries about Dress Code, Sweeney Oppo, those of us that are in the Smoke already at work will have to wear whatever is acceptable there before meeting up for a few whets on the run. It's just whatever you are comfortable in I guess. Maybe, before the event, we could come up with an "aid to recognition" as the pubs may get a bit busy around knocking off time in Westminster, but otherwise you could turn up in knicks and flip-flops and a towel if you wanted, this IS a Pusser's run you know matey !!!!

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

I trust everyone that has signed up so far will be in fine signing voice as I haven't had a reunion run yet (with the lads and lassess from www.mylostoppos.com) when we haven't "entertained" the pub's clientelle some time during the evening !!!

:lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Sounds about right! That'll be VERY distinctive!

I've got a un-ribboned sailor's hat dating from 1960 from the ship's stores in the G Place (still in its brown wrapper) despite never having been there or been a matelot! :oops: :mrgreen: :lol: :oops: :oops: Perhaps wearing that would be wrong: impersonating a sailor!!! :shock: :eek: :oops: I could do with a ribbon to circumnavigate the circumference: HMS Gay Civvy! :wink: :lol: :lol:

LOL !!!
I have a feeling that you will be more likely to draw the attention of a large number of, shall we say, the QUAINTER Politicians in the area rather than matelots, young man !!

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Canaldrifter said:
Fletch said:
It's just whatever you are comfortable in I guess. Maybe, before the event, we could come up with an "aid to recognition"

I'll be wearing a false beard and false beer gut... and pretending i have a limp.

... a limp WHAT ? We'll have NONE of THAT on the run old son !!! I would guess, Steve (Mr "Always") will be the token limp wrist !! LOL !!!!

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :lol: :lol:

one_winged_angel said:
Hmmmm.......Run ashore.Any females coming?

None yet but we live in hope !!!!

There WILL, almost certainly, be some office and tourist totty around the area we are intending to drink in, so I guess if you played your cards right, they could just be coming a little later !!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Fletch said:
one_winged_angel said:

There WILL, almost certainly, be some office and tourist totty around the area we are intending to drink in, so I guess if you played your cards right, they could just be coming a little later !!!

The Red Lion may be a good bet if you're after an MP's Research Assistant...

Always_a_Civvy said:
Fletch said:
one_winged_angel said:

The Red Lion may be a good bet if you're after an MP's Research Assistant...

OR late season Tourist Totty !!!

:cool: :grin:

Fletch,

What sort of songs did you have in mind for the singing... I might need the words to practice...

Limp wristed... me!?! I'll let CD limp for us instead: he's probably been practicing for months so we wouldn't want to disappoint him, would we?

Steve.

PS: CD: you can treat it these days with injections directly into the penile muscle, or of course those little blue diamond shaped tablets! :lol:

Always_a_Civvy said:
sgtpepperband said:

Oh, well I know a Drunken Sailor (or two... :wink: ) and Blow the Man Down (or in Slim's case: Blow the Man Up... :wink: ), though I haven't sung either of them since I was in Primary School in the 60s! :lol:

Steve.

The 60s?! I wasn't even a twinkle in my Dad's sack then... :shock:

Luckily enough I am in Pompey for the week, so should be able to make it up on the train, no problems.

Looking forward to it after mising the Xmas drinks in Guzz. Never did hear any dits about that?

Fletch said:
one_winged_angel said:

thought you were a girl Fletch - I'm sure AAC refers to you as a her further up the thread :wink:

golden_rivet said:
Fletch said:
one_winged_angel said:

thought you were a girl Fletch - I'm sure AAC refers to you as a her further up the thread :wink:

Cheeky sod! I'm innocent... honest! :shock: :lol: :grin:

Are you a girl Fletch? I hope not. I shall be so disappointed if you are. :grin:

Incidentally are any more brown hatters coming along? Don't worry - you don't have to wear pink ovvies, carry furry wheelspanners or don fluffy steaming bats, I won't be! :wink: :lol:

Latest Threads