Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by notriteintheheed, Feb 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys i am just about to send in my application to join as a WE but am worried that il sort of be left out cause i cant go to the pub (legally) cause i am only 16. Any past experiences or Navy Rules would be helpful.
  2. When your at Raleigh your not going to have the time to drink so you're not missing out on much plus you'll be 17 by then anyhew and then you can still drink eitherway.
  3. Cheers for the reply so how do they enforce under age drinking on ships?
  4. lol well actually it's pretty laid back, a lot of people i know just drank at 17 anyway,although it is monitored.
  5. Thanks am sure i will be fine lol
  6. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I'm sure you will be fine. Just remember to take your own buckfast, they don't stock it onboard.
  7. haha your so funny lol wat makes you think i drink buckfast
  8. witsend

Because you sound like a bawbag!
  9. :lol:
  10. They won't enforce it, that would be irresponsible, not to mention illegal. Forcing anyone to drink is not really on is it?
  11. how you work that one out cause i want to have a drink? you sound like the bawbag pal
  12. woops yes slipped up. you know what i mean
  13. witsend

Brains ask yourself two simple questions.

Can I join the navy before I'm 18?
    Can I drink before I'm 18?

If you answered Yes & No, then continue to the next step. If you answered anything else, drop all interest in the armed forces for a wee bit until your balls drop pal.
  14. Seeing as this thread has already gone to shit, i'm going to go off topic... nice avatar witsend! :)
  15. yes well i think il still join may aswell its not like your speech was going to change anything
  16. I'm no navy expert. But I think it's fair to say don't be so cocky young man.
  17. Are you even in the RN?
  18. witsend

Edit - deleted what I wrote incase I upset another group of people.

Time for a change wanna and was searching the net and hey bingo. Glad you like it, feel free to use it,,,,,lol
  19. I'm sure the forums resident reggie will provide the official information.
  20. I aint being cocky am just replyig to a comment that wasnt needed in this post