Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drink Problem?

Guzzler

War Hero
The powers that be have now worked out that we have all been lying about the amount we drink due to twice as much being purchased as is drunk. Fair one.

This means that all the BMA 'recommendations' are invalid, as we're all drinking twice as much as they thought but 'achieving' the same health results, ie it takes two times as much alcohol to fuck us up.

Therefore it is perfectly safe to maintain, or possibly increase, one's alcohol consumption to no ill effect.

I think.

Last edited:

Rumrat

War Hero
Sometimes when the dustman empties my bin the German cunt over the road runs outside, he thinks its Kristallnacht all over again.

johne

War Hero
It's like smoking, doc say's to me about the perils. but hey hoy caught the bugger buying 20 fags in the spar shop.
As for the booze Mp's clamoring for a 45p per unit min cost as they slurp in there subsidised trough courtesy of us plebbs

Last edited:

pie.thatcher

Lantern Swinger
The day the subsidised bars in the House of Commons are shut down, thats the day I will sign the pledge. So no chance, as always in this country, one law for the people and one for our masters.

Guzzler

War Hero
The day the subsidised bars in the House of Commons are shut down, thats the day I will sign the pledge. So no chance, as always in this country, one law for the people and one for our masters.

Fully agree comrade (I've wanted to say that on here for years) - but no need to leave the pop alone surely?

Guzzler

War Hero
Send someone round my house to enforce that fucker.

Brunette if possible, with a couple of bottles of Gevrey Chambertain would be nice.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Had a few nice Sharpes the other night in't pub, went down very nice, also had a pleasant "hangover dump" the next day. Back on the Doom Bar for Saturdays SM2 re-union though as it appears I need to double my intake to keep within Government guidlines.

lsadirty

War Hero
Had one of these medical boffins visit our boat in SM 2 in the mid-70s. Asked me when I knew i'd had enough to drink.
"When I have to use both hands to hang on to the floor."
Abrupt end of interview.

Flagdeck

War Hero
Doctor asks man... how much do you smoke.............doctor mentaly doubles it
Doctor asks man... how much do you drink ...............doctor mentaly trebles it
Doctor asks man... how often do you have sex...........doctor mentaly halves it

Many a true word !

Flagdeck

War Hero
Says it all really.................

(
Send someone round my house to enforce that fucker.

Brunette if possible, with a couple of bottles of Gevrey Chambertain would be nice.

Ahem: As the hallowed soil of that particular region produces my favourite burgundy too, I'm duty-bound to remind Guzzler of it's correct spelling...

(It's not often that the erudite comrade gets it wrong but the lateness of the hour of that post plus the distracting influence of that pipe-dream brunette seem quite acceptable as mitigating factors.)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS New rules and logos to protect British food and drink MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New rules and logos to protect British food and drink MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British food and drink to take center stage at upcoming China International Import Expo MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ‘Bounce back’ plan for agriculture, food and drink industry launched MoD News 1
MoD_RSS Letter from the Environment Secretary to the food and drink industry MoD News 0
MoD_RSS COVID-19: CMA open letter to pharmaceutical and food and drink industries. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Growing global appetite for British food and drink exports MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pivotal THINK! campaign calls on young men to step in and stop their mates from drink driving MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Cheltenham recovery drink revitalises the UAE MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: EU Exit guidance for food, drink and farming sector stakeholders MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: No deal Brexit advice: guidance on food and drink labelling MoD News 0
B Drink Driving on HMNB PORTSMOUTH Bases / Shore Est 20
MoD_RSS News story: THINK! Campaign urges young men to stop their friends drink-driving MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: David Rutley tours UK food and drink industry MoD News 0
C Drink Drive Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 38
soleil Telegraph: "Armed Forces Drink 'To Point Of Oblivion', Minister Warns" The Quarterdeck 20
D Can skimmers still drink at sea? The Fleet 82
soleil Telegraph: "Sailors Given Freedom Of The City ... Then Refused A Drink" The Fleet 26
Blackrat Drink - The Alibi of a Nation. Diamond Lil's 27
sgtpepperband USN Doctor Prescribes "Monster Energy Drink to Cure Scurvy! Health & Fitness 6
BillyNoMates Good News! Now you can DRINK it. Diamond Lil's 1
scouse Pongos refused a drink Diamond Lil's 59
Drakey Drink Driving Miscellaneous 0
Stirling Passed on and left his mates 'a drink' The Corps 6
P ENOUGH TO MAKE YOU DRINK Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Paddy...........Did you have a bit to drink last night? Miscellaneous 0
E drink driving and the navy. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 35
O Ptsd and Drink Health & Fitness 146
sgtpepperband Navy man's drink-drive ban Current Affairs 80
P Doctor who used to drink now fit for work Current Affairs 5
daffy1 Drink driving Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
Rookie-WWFC Drink culture in the RN, Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 51
M Drink Driving Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 106
Passed-over_Loggie Scotland and the Demon Drink Current Affairs 25
D Indias new soft drink. Diamond Lil's 1
NotmeChief You can drink and drive. The Quarterdeck 23
Guns Hot chocy drink with custard powder...... History 8
Vesper Coco drink? History 44
alhucoll Cut crime with drink tax - WTF! Current Affairs 8
N Faslane Drink 1st or 2nd Jan 08 Submariners 4
A Drink Yachting.......... to be outlawed Sports and Adventure Training 10
brazenhussy Do Brits drink to much!! Diamond Lil's 23
slim THREE-TIME DRINK-DRIVER AVOIDS JAIL SENTENCE The Quarterdeck 6
slim I want a drink anyone got a dog I can sell Diamond Lil's 12
UncleAlbert Drink Navy Diamond Lil's 45
andym New soft Drink Diamond Lil's 4
higthepig Drink and Drugs Current Affairs 6
MoD_RSS New debt letters rules will support people in problem debt MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £20 million to improve small business leadership and problem-solving skills in the wake of coronavirus MoD News 0
D Retention is the problem Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 44