Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drink Navy

Why stop at marketing the logo? I pay thousands a year to go on cruises to cold countries (actually about a third of my annual salary - I'm that addicted). I'd pay to go on a trip on (oops, I mean IN) a submarine - what a great way to visit the Arctic! :D Do you think they'd throw in the no.8s and sea training? :idea:

Steve. :lol:

imom1406

War Hero
Always_a_Civvy said:
Why stop at marketing the logo? I pay thousands a year to go on cruises to cold countries (actually about a third of my annual salary - I'm that addicted). I'd pay to go on a trip on (oops, I mean IN) a submarine - what a great way to visit the Arctic! :D Do you think they'd throw in the no.8s and sea training? :idea:

"Medic ....Civvy's having a turn!!"

Always_a_Civvy said:

Have you been up the inside passage?

rosinacarley said:
Always_a_Civvy said:

I have visited a few relics and spent 11 years in the ROC in cold, damp, bleak nuclear bunkers (especially when half full of water) in my spare time - like submarines but less cosy! :lol: Boats I visited were cramped but I felt at home in them - though I'm not sure about using the solitary head though? What happens if you're desperate and there's a queue?

My problem now would be getting from one compartment to another without getting stuck in the hatches! :oops:

Steve.

rosinacarley said:
Always_a_Civvy said:

Were you that drunk? You cannot remember. Did you have the auburn hair at the time?
If you mean the Inner & Outer leads off of Norway then yes. In the early Spring on Fearless for the annual exercise, then Minesweeping in February calling into tiny villages for fuel. Very Scenic.

Is that what she means Engines? :eek: Well how can she expect a stupid, lifelong born and bred Civvy to understand something as basic as that? I don't know, what's Rum Ration coming to! 8O

Steve.

Always_a_Civvy said:
I have visited a few relics and spent 11 years in the ROC in cold, damp, bleak nuclear bunkers (especially when half full of water) in my spare time - like submarines but less cosy! :lol: Boats I visited were cramped but I felt at home in them - though I'm not sure about using the solitary head though? What happens if you're desperate and there's a queue?

My problem now would be getting from one compartment to another without getting stuck in the hatches! :oops:

Steve.

If you really believed there was a problem it is amazing how easy it is to move around inside a submarine. I am told I moved like greased lightening when in the middle of the night the 'night alarm' sonded and I roled out of my bunk and my feet met a wave of water as the boat went 15 degrees bow down. It was in fact a drill and the water was just a few gallons the Jimmy had over filled M port with (He was a pretty poor trimming officer in an O Boat having spent all his tme in bombers). Even so Even so the inspecting staff commented on my speed of reaction and professional approach, little did they know that I thought the Jimmy had really cocked it up and it was for real.

Peter

rosinacarley said:
Always_a_Civvy said:

Sorry thought you said you go on cruises to cold countries - the inside passage is from vancouver, via the inside of Vancouver Island to Alaska - lovely part of the world

Hi Rosina,

Haven't been to Canada since 1982!

Peter, my concerns with the hatches was to do with my girth and their narrowness. :oops: Otherwise I think they're great. I really cannot understand why so many people writing to RR seem to have such an avertion to being drafted into one. The only obvious downside is not being able to go on deck for a breath of fresh air, I should have thought?

Steve.

UncleAlbert

War Hero
Looking at the article I don’t think pusser is doing it for the money. Maybe?
Looks more like some spin doctor has been at work and this is a another recruiting ploy.
Perhaps they should just forget all this shit and bring back Andrew Miller and the pressgangs.

How the hell did we ever end up with a prime minister who hates the country, and a first lord who hates the bloody navy?

……………….
If in danger or in doubt, wave your arms and run about.

WarMonger

War Hero
Democracy and policitcally appointed senior officers....maybe???

Theres alot to be said for a Dictatorship!!! there appears to be far too much free thinking around at the moment!

imom1406

War Hero
UncleAlbert said:
Looking at the article I don’t think pusser is doing it for the money. Maybe?
Looks more like some spin doctor has been at work and this is a another recruiting ploy.
Perhaps they should just forget all this shit and bring back Andrew Miller and the pressgangs.

How the hell did we ever end up with a prime minister who hates the country, and a first lord who hates the bloody navy?

It's called democracy...apparently....i didn't vote for the tw*ts!

……………….
If in danger or in doubt, wave your arms and run about.

D

Deleted 7

A real sailor with tie it for you!

You do realise that there is only around 10 people per ship who can tie a cap tally correct, or the rest of the ship's company are just pure lazy?

Either way, I always called upon the professionals
, such as the CPO(M) :wink:

WarMonger

War Hero
Jenny do you have a twin!!!

This is a picture of Olivia Hallinan one of the UK's top up and coming actresses...!!!

Lookalike

Might be a laugh I might start a new thread "famous lookalikes" of RR members..!!

dondon

MIA
imom1406 said:
How about the Rampant "Jack" Rabbit.

Theres a pub just off Derriford roundabout called The Jack Rabbit , never been in it but does look quite smart from the outside :roll:

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I remember when the NAAFI used to sell corporate gizzits (zippos, baseball caps, etc.) with the Ship's crests on them and pretty soon they moved into making items that Jack could buy for his girlfriend/wife/sister/mother/etc. after deployment (teddies/flowers/etc.), and then they started selling things like underwear.

Now I'm as Jack as the next bloke, but would you want your significant other to be hanging out a pair of nicks on the washing line with "BEAVER" embroidered across the gusset?!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E drink driving and the navy. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 35
sgtpepperband Navy man's drink-drive ban Current Affairs 80
MoD_RSS Breadth of UK food, drink and innovation set to shine at the 2020 China International Import Expo MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New rules and logos to protect British food and drink MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New rules and logos to protect British food and drink MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British food and drink to take center stage at upcoming China International Import Expo MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ‘Bounce back’ plan for agriculture, food and drink industry launched MoD News 1
MoD_RSS Letter from the Environment Secretary to the food and drink industry MoD News 0
MoD_RSS COVID-19: CMA open letter to pharmaceutical and food and drink industries. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Growing global appetite for British food and drink exports MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pivotal THINK! campaign calls on young men to step in and stop their mates from drink driving MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Cheltenham recovery drink revitalises the UAE MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: EU Exit guidance for food, drink and farming sector stakeholders MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: No deal Brexit advice: guidance on food and drink labelling MoD News 0
B Drink Driving on HMNB PORTSMOUTH Bases / Shore Est 20
MoD_RSS News story: THINK! Campaign urges young men to stop their friends drink-driving MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: David Rutley tours UK food and drink industry MoD News 0
C Drink Drive Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 38
soleil Telegraph: "Armed Forces Drink 'To Point Of Oblivion', Minister Warns" The Quarterdeck 20
D Can skimmers still drink at sea? The Fleet 82
soleil Telegraph: "Sailors Given Freedom Of The City ... Then Refused A Drink" The Fleet 26
Blackrat Drink - The Alibi of a Nation. Diamond Lil's 27
sgtpepperband USN Doctor Prescribes "Monster Energy Drink to Cure Scurvy! Health & Fitness 6
Guzzler Drink Problem? Diamond Lil's 39
BillyNoMates Good News! Now you can DRINK it. Diamond Lil's 1
scouse Pongos refused a drink Diamond Lil's 59
Drakey Drink Driving Miscellaneous 0
Stirling Passed on and left his mates 'a drink' The Corps 6
P ENOUGH TO MAKE YOU DRINK Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Paddy...........Did you have a bit to drink last night? Miscellaneous 0
O Ptsd and Drink Health & Fitness 146
P Doctor who used to drink now fit for work Current Affairs 5
daffy1 Drink driving Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
Rookie-WWFC Drink culture in the RN, Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 51
M Drink Driving Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 106
Passed-over_Loggie Scotland and the Demon Drink Current Affairs 25
D Indias new soft drink. Diamond Lil's 1
NotmeChief You can drink and drive. The Quarterdeck 23
Guns Hot chocy drink with custard powder...... History 8
Vesper Coco drink? History 44
alhucoll Cut crime with drink tax - WTF! Current Affairs 8
N Faslane Drink 1st or 2nd Jan 08 Submariners 4
A Drink Yachting.......... to be outlawed Sports and Adventure Training 10
brazenhussy Do Brits drink to much!! Diamond Lil's 23
slim THREE-TIME DRINK-DRIVER AVOIDS JAIL SENTENCE The Quarterdeck 6
slim I want a drink anyone got a dog I can sell Diamond Lil's 12
andym New soft Drink Diamond Lil's 4
higthepig Drink and Drugs Current Affairs 6
mikh Navy Net asks for your consent to use your personal data to: Bloody Computers 10
MoD_RSS Royal Navy seizes over 450kg in the largest methamphetamine drug bust in the Middle East MoD News 0