Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drink and Drugs

Well its happened, weve already got no smoking anywhere up here,and now the police want ALL drugs to be legalised,and as there are to be warnings on your booze bottles,you know whats next, it wont be long before the lunatics well and truly take over the asylum, and people say stop going on about the good old days. sorry i cant help it,Im driven to distraction by these bl**dy do gooders ,what sort of life do they have?It must be sheer misery for them if they want us all to conform.Well this ole seadog aint.

Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?

chieftiff

War Hero
What do you think they will put on the booze bottles "warning this bottle of alcohol may make you drunk" or "warning this refreshment may make you regret drinking it tomorrow"

RoofRat

War Hero
Well Hig I didn't vote for this Shower of Shit. Did you ? In fact I can't find anyone who did these days :?
RoofRat

Anyone stupid enough to do drugs deserves whatever miserable existence they end up with. Let 'em get cracked up and the medical types can do testing on them instead of fluffy little bunnies, kill 2 birds with one stone and shut the animal rights protestors up as well.

There was/is a school of thought within the Police Service which supports the legalization of all drugs within the UK. Drugs would then be supplied and cost or subsidized and sold from a controlled outlet. Certain drugs would have to be consumed within the premises others at the softer end could be taken away.

Problems.

1. A small black market would still exist to supply under age users.
2. Initially an upsurge in use would take place which would drop off after 1 or 2 year period, as seen in Holland
3. Various undesirables and drug users would be attracted from overseas
4. Persons involved in trafficking would move to other criminal activity

Advantages.

1. All drugs, the most lucrative type of street crime, would be removed from criminal activity except for the supply to minors.
2. Drug users would not have to commit Robbery, Burglary, Fraud, Prostitution, Theft to support their habit.
3. A large part of the social stigma would be removed allowing users to enter mainstream society
4. Criminal would have to revert to more overt types of crime to make profits and greatly increase the chance of detection.
5. Police would be able to re-deploy all the efforts currently involved in drugs detection. Providing of course government does not cut them back on the strength of the legalization.
6. Staff in both NHS and Social Services can deploy efforts away from drug abusers.

Just a few thoughts and yes I do have experience in this field. Me, on balance I go with legalization. Then of course I may have missed some really obvious problem. Any further sensible input would be welcome.

Like tabacco or alcohol some will always over indulge and become dependant.

Nutty

I would never advocate the use of alcohol,tobacco, drugs or violence to anybody- but its always worked for me.

absum-im outa here.

come_the_day

Lantern Swinger
In theory, I am for total legalisation as long as the user does not take charge of a motor vehicle whilst under the influence. I know Keith Halliwell does not believe that legalisation could work, but taking some of the mystique away from hard drugs might reduce the stimulus to use and would remove the profit motive that gets organised crime involved in the supply chain.

One advantage that could be gained is that, if the government controlled supply, Uncle Gordon could reap another tax.

The answer can't be that simple, of course, or it would have been tried already. Wouldn't it?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS New rules and logos to protect British food and drink MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New rules and logos to protect British food and drink MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British food and drink to take center stage at upcoming China International Import Expo MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ‘Bounce back’ plan for agriculture, food and drink industry launched MoD News 1
MoD_RSS Letter from the Environment Secretary to the food and drink industry MoD News 0
MoD_RSS COVID-19: CMA open letter to pharmaceutical and food and drink industries. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Growing global appetite for British food and drink exports MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pivotal THINK! campaign calls on young men to step in and stop their mates from drink driving MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Cheltenham recovery drink revitalises the UAE MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: EU Exit guidance for food, drink and farming sector stakeholders MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: No deal Brexit advice: guidance on food and drink labelling MoD News 0
B Drink Driving on HMNB PORTSMOUTH Bases / Shore Est 20
MoD_RSS News story: THINK! Campaign urges young men to stop their friends drink-driving MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: David Rutley tours UK food and drink industry MoD News 0
C Drink Drive Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 38
soleil Telegraph: "Armed Forces Drink 'To Point Of Oblivion', Minister Warns" The Quarterdeck 20
D Can skimmers still drink at sea? The Fleet 82
soleil Telegraph: "Sailors Given Freedom Of The City ... Then Refused A Drink" The Fleet 26
Blackrat Drink - The Alibi of a Nation. Diamond Lil's 27
sgtpepperband USN Doctor Prescribes "Monster Energy Drink to Cure Scurvy! Health & Fitness 6
Guzzler Drink Problem? Diamond Lil's 39
BillyNoMates Good News! Now you can DRINK it. Diamond Lil's 1
scouse Pongos refused a drink Diamond Lil's 59
Drakey Drink Driving Miscellaneous 0
Stirling Passed on and left his mates 'a drink' The Corps 6
P ENOUGH TO MAKE YOU DRINK Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Paddy...........Did you have a bit to drink last night? Miscellaneous 0
E drink driving and the navy. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 35
O Ptsd and Drink Health & Fitness 146
sgtpepperband Navy man's drink-drive ban Current Affairs 80
P Doctor who used to drink now fit for work Current Affairs 5
daffy1 Drink driving Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
Rookie-WWFC Drink culture in the RN, Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 51
M Drink Driving Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 106
Passed-over_Loggie Scotland and the Demon Drink Current Affairs 25
D Indias new soft drink. Diamond Lil's 1
NotmeChief You can drink and drive. The Quarterdeck 23
Guns Hot chocy drink with custard powder...... History 8
Vesper Coco drink? History 44
alhucoll Cut crime with drink tax - WTF! Current Affairs 8
N Faslane Drink 1st or 2nd Jan 08 Submariners 4
A Drink Yachting.......... to be outlawed Sports and Adventure Training 10
brazenhussy Do Brits drink to much!! Diamond Lil's 23
slim THREE-TIME DRINK-DRIVER AVOIDS JAIL SENTENCE The Quarterdeck 6
slim I want a drink anyone got a dog I can sell Diamond Lil's 12
UncleAlbert Drink Navy Diamond Lil's 45
andym New soft Drink Diamond Lil's 4
MoD_RSS Royal Navy seize £160 million worth of drugs in the Caribbean MoD News 1
MoD_RSS Ministerial meeting to discuss key drugs issues MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Three new benzodiazepines to become Class C drugs MoD News 0