Dress Shirts

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by Drakey, Sep 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone tell me where I get a dress shirt that has got white collars/cuffs but the design is completely different when the DJ is removed. Been to a lot of do's lately but too pissed to ask those that have them where they got them from. Can they be bought off the peg or are they bespoke. I've tride google with no joy.

2. Have you tride? House of Fraser in Debenhams. I can't remember what they had on the shelf but I bought a new DJ and white dress shirt there earlier this year and the assisstant there really knew her stuff.

3. WreckerL - thanks will do.

SJRM - second link is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks

4. Debenhams or John Lewis! I had one with tartan all over the sleeves and back, and another with pink elephants! Always a wheeze (and usually a fine!) when ease springs, relax jackets piped!!

5. Other option is to take a couple of yards of the material of your choice to a tailor along with a plain dress shirt. I did this and got themed shirts for specific Mess Events when I was in a Tri-Service Mess including the shirt with japanese writing for when the martial arts expert was Dined Out and the Christmas Tree shirt for Christmas.

Adapt, improvise, overcome or delegate to someone who can do it

6. Jack Blair (do they still exist?) used to do a good line in cartoon ones, Taz, Bugs Bunny et al.

7. Thanks for all of the suggestions. I've ordered one on-line, but will pursue a tailormade one to my requirments when I find a local tailor who can help.