Dress Regs

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by Lt_Gen_Me, May 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone have a e-copy, or know where I can view an online copy, of full (esp. Officer) dress regs?

2. If you mean uniform numbers and what they look like, the RN Web site has them:

Just select from the left hand menu.
  3. This is OK, cheers, but anyone got the actual Regs?
  4. Got an e-copy of the pictures of each different rig but haven't a clue how to attach / link it.

5. Unfortunately not. I tried searching for an electronic version of BR81 on NavyNet but no joy.
  6. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

eyes left....
  7. Well done that man!!

8. Her shoes are incorrect, so have her brought to my cabin for a spanking.
  9. BR81 isn't available electronically, have looked at work and on fleetweb. Anything in particular you want to ask?
  10. If you're in Pompey, try the Naval History Library in the Dockyard - they have loads of BRs. If in Guzz, try the Naval History Library in the Main Library opposite the University.
  11. Isadirty

Is that the Admiralty Library in the Naval Historical Branch in 24 Store opposite the Victory? Just so Lt_Gen_Me can ask at the right place.
  12. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The answer to your question (ain't ESP marvellous?) is...

No, you can't go to the URNU Summer Ball dressed as a Kamikazi Pilot.
  13. Dockers:
    that's the place - ask for Ian McKenzie or Jenny Wraight - used to work on the floor below them at the MoD in London, very helpful.
  14. isadirty - agreed, Iain and Jenny are very helpful. Used to work with them too. Can give contact numbers by pm if needed.
  15. Dockers: yes please, Left Mod in 2003, well worth having a chat with them again.
  16. This may be the wrong thread, but why does jack wear 'Royal Navy' on his epaulettes when he's in a ship at action or defence stations - it seems all the press fotties show these?
    Is this not a safety hazard ?

I can understand the wearing when ashore in whatever Number X rig you call it these days, but in AWD seems a bit odd to me...?

17. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Presumably, if boarding party & you get taken prisoner, it's to stop you being shot as a spy. :safe:
  18. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

The latest version of BR 81 (RN & RM Uniform Regulations) are currently on CD-ROM, and are available from your friendly, reliable Discipline Office! Just take along a packet of chocolate suggestives and the Joss will let you have a look... :lol:
  19. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

... and once he/she has finished his/her exhibitionist tendencies, if you're lucky you'll get to see BR81 too! :whew: