Dress reg question, Berets

Chilliman90

Badgeman
You don’t “earn” a cherry beret. All members of the army assigned to 16 Air assault brigade wear them (this rule changed back in the 80’s). It’s the wings you earn when you pass out from P-Company, which, yes you can wear.

Commandos only wear Green berets in the army when they’re in commando units, otherwise they just wear their flashes.
Also wouldn’t it be the case that commandos would need to be in a commando role or unit in the Royal Navy once transferred to wear the green lid by rights ?
Berets? I was a Sea Harrier Man, caps only for Senior Rates. Only Fisheads, Junglies and Lynx Fags wore berets ;)
each to there own I guess if your into that type of thing ;)

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
Yes, I've seen it as well but technically if you are not currently with 3 CDO, you should not have the dagger on display. I believe it was the same with wings at one time where you had to have had a jump within a given period to keep them "current", but that seems to be past now as well.

Chilliman90

Badgeman
Yes, I've seen it as well but technically if you are not currently with 3 CDO, you should not have the dagger on display. I believe it was the same with wings at one time where you had to have had a jump within a given period to keep them "current", but that seems to be past now as well.
True , question if you know what do RN wings look like ?

slim

War Hero
My Grandson is thinking of joining the RN as an hoccifer.
Where about will he wear his Wolf Cub "Leaping Wolf" badge and more importantly his Scout Woggle and Whistle. Also as scouts berets are green and he has earned it can he still wear it on divisions?

Salty-Dog

War Hero
True , question if you know what do RN wings look like ?