Dress reg question, Berets

Chilliman90

Badgeman
Hi guys quick question for the navy , guys who have passed p coy and earned their maroon beret can they wear this when they move over to the RN ? I get Commandos are navy and can wear theirs when they transfer.

Thanks

Dusty70

War Hero
Nah - maroon are pongos - Matelots could only wear green berets (If they had done the commando course) ROs, MAs etc

Chilliman90

Badgeman
Nah - maroon are pongos - Matelots could only wear green berets (If they had done the commando course) ROs, MAs etc
Thanks that’s what I thought , got to take it as it is I’m afraid weird as anyone can attempt p coy regardless of service if they serve within ab forces , thanks .

slim

War Hero
Hi guys quick question for the navy , guys who have passed p coy and earned their maroon beret can they wear this when they move over to the RN ? I get Commandos are navy and can wear theirs when they transfer.

Thanks
RM Commandos are far superior to Parachute regiment.
Once a Para hits the ground he is just infantry, as you are not likely to be using a parachute in the RN I reckon you should wear the Navy Blue beret you will be issued with as it certainly is not a "Crap hat"

Chilliman90

Badgeman
RM Commandos are far superior to Parachute regiment.
Once a Para hits the ground he is just infantry, as you are not likely to be using a parachute in the RN I reckon you should wear the Navy Blue beret you will be issued with as it certainly is not a "Crap hat"
I’d live the role first before commenting , it’s all to easy to speculate.

Thanks
You don’t “earn” a cherry beret. All members of the army assigned to 16 Air assault brigade wear them (this rule changed back in the 80’s). It’s the wings you earn when you pass out from P-Company, which, yes you can wear.

Commandos only wear Green berets in the army when they’re in commando units, otherwise they just wear their flashes.

Chilliman90

Badgeman
You don’t “earn” a cherry beret. All members of the army assigned to 16 Air assault brigade wear them (this rule changed back in the 80’s). It’s the wings you earn when you pass out from P-Company, which, yes you can wear.

Commandos only wear Green berets in the army when they’re in commando units, otherwise they just wear their flashes.
Yes it’s true you do get issued a maroon beret when attached to 16 AA however when you pass p coy you are handed a maroon beret , the wings are earned after completing bpc at brize two different things the maroon beret can be earned

plus I wouldn’t fancy telling the regt btw guys you didn’t earn that maroon beret that would go down a treat ha