Dress code at Cranwell

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by LRD2002, Feb 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

Im going up to Cranwell for my aptitude test and have to stay overnight. Just wondering on the dress code?

It says you can use the facilities but you must 'observe the rules concerning dress' After 7 p.m. members should wear a 'lounge suit'. It says men should wear a shirt & tie and ladies should wear the equivalent?

Im a girl btw - (just thought i'd throw that in there!)

Any advice would be appreciated.
  2. It's a RAF base, generally anything made by Kappa or Adidas will suffice in the mess.

As you are female, may I suggest pulling your hair back really really tightly into a pony tail and chucking on a pair of big hoop earrings to complete the look.
  3. Thanks! That's so helpful...
  4. No worries.

It's a service I provide.

Seriously though, just a skirt with a blouse and heels will do.
  5. Oh and good luck.
  6. Thank you.

Im more worried about the test than the dress code (obviously) but anything to make it easier is all good!
  7. Hope this helps Evening Rig FAA :roll: style Maam :wink: http://www.lasenza.com/ Crabs eat your hearts out :lol:
  8. Big Tash, Leather Cap with Chain on the front and cut the arse cheeks out of you trousers!!!

call everyone ginger, and generally mince around!!

As your a bird, wear comfy shoes!!!
  9. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

8O :oops: :twisted:
  10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

RAF Unisex mess dress:

11. Does anyone remember those books called 'Laugh with the Navy'? They had loads of cartoons in them from the guy who did the cartoons in Navy News. Really good books.

He also did one called 'Laugh with the Air Force' which said it was 'packed with all the latest jokes in the RAF today.' When you opened the book, all the pages were blank.

12. Dress to blend in…

13. She's not going to an Army Officer's mess. :roll:
  14. Not forgetting, the obligatory ....

15. LRD2002

I'm wondering whether a trouser suit would be a good option. Something in black or navy with matching courts. A scoop-necked top in a neutral colour. Earrings (not dangly though). Bit of make-up. A warm coat to put over it all if you are going out in the cold.

16. Ron hills, desert wellies, helly hansen, black woolly hat
  17. Stix you should have tied your hair back you scruffy fcuker.
  18. Would
  19. Bit tarty, can't believe you passed, would have been less risky to stick to one of your Laura Ashley numbers...