Drake Wardroom

Discussion in 'Bases / Shore Est' started by Oceanic, Nov 16, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does my memory deceive me, or are towels provided if staying at this fine establishment?
  2. Your memory may not be deceiving you, but if they did provide towels at one time, they don't now I'm afraid.
  3. Thanks, much appreciated.
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

A missed opportunity for mischief.
  5. I was standing by!:)
  6. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

En suite showers but no towels? There were towels the last time I dropped in, er, 5 years ago.

Breakfast exceeded expectations, as did my cabin. I haven't stayed in Service accommodation so splendid since I stayed in a Crab Air WO & Sergeants' Mess.

Irons are available from the Hall Porter.

Did I bite?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. And apparently the heating is on; you may wish to take 2 - 3ltrs of water to combat the heat exhaustion.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. I'm prepared to rough it on the towels front, as long as they still iron the newspapers anyway...
  9. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

The papers aren't ironed but a serving wench will turn the pages of your breakfast broadsheet unbidden. The same serving wenches will help less cultured and capable officers with the bigger words in the lesser papers.

If apricot jam is passed off as marmalade and it's in 'portion control' sachets, complain.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Great bar good company happy memories looking over the pavilion and cricket pitch Ensign floating in the wind
  12. Towels were there when I was last around.

They're hidden away though and you'll have to ask the hall porter. They used to be found in the cupboard under lock and key with the irons! If that's changed or not though I'm unsure, as all this is half a year out of date give or take
  13. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Since when did nautical types do civilised things like washing n stuff? :D
  14. Coming from an ex pongo that’s petty harsh.
    As an ex Sun dodger I used to have a 30 sec (liked wasting water) shower every day, unless under the ice or the water maker was broke, then it became sometimes. We used to have a 3 feet rule, if anyone could stand within 3 feet of you, you did not need a wash.
  15. Showering is highly over rated, destroys the natural oils in your skin, apart from pongo's, who are neither natural or skin ;)
    • Like Like x 1