Draft list on the intranet?

Discussion in 'UPO' started by Zoidberg, Dec 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Someone told me recently about a page on Dii that is just a massive list of available drafts. I've looked on the intranet, and tried searching for it but can't seem to find it anyway.

Anyone know if I've been spun a shit dit? Or know where I can find it if it exists?
  2. Go on the RN Intranet site, click A to Z and scroll down to RN Jobs List.
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It's actually under "Jobs List (RN & RM)"
  4. Cheers guys.
  5. Are these at all accurate in looking at them and speaking to your career manager?
  6. For JRs, be warned, your sea-drafts will be filled first, and it is very unlikely the CMC will allow a gap at the front line in order to fill a gucci shore draft.

For Officers, the Jobs List is a work of fiction.
  7. Senior rates?
  8. I know there are quite a few jobs missing on there. Some of the dates are wildly inaccurate too. It would be interesting to know who actually populates it.
  9. Your CM, via JPA.
  10. Its always been a work of fiction, however, I never did find out how certain individuals on the RNR circuit did FOST or "Sea Jobs" for 18 months then back to same RNR for 3 years. Went outside and became a Careers Advisor at same RNR unit for the next 15 years.
    Or the CPOWTR(or whatever there called these days) who does LFS to the USA or Australian Embassies at 3 years a pop.
    Me I'm just jealous
  11. I will put this to the test next week. Due on draft around Sept/Oct

will look at "the jobs list" and pick out 3 that take my fancy that are listed in Q3/Q4.
    will let you know if it is a work of fiction
  12. The LFS circuit is nearly all allocated to Wtrs. By all accounts, the RN struggles to fill all of it's LFS assignments - put your name down and see what happens.
  13. last time I looked at the Jobs list. it did not show the OpTours/LFS's........or am I missing something?
  14. OpTours no; LFS yes. Depends if your Branch has any LFS assignments!
  15. right oh. will ask what is available when I speak to my career manager next week. assuming he is the man to speak to for potential OpTours/LFS
  16. Where do you find the ops tour list? I once had a copy of it emailed by my div reg, but that was 4 years ago now.
  17. FJ - CM is the person to speak to. However, remember they represent the needs of the Service, not the needs of the individual.

NM - I'm not sure the OpTour list is common knowledge; ask your CMC for OpTours available (again, noting, that they represent the needs of the Service).
  18. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I must be damned lucky then... :relax: :tshirt:
  19. Aren't some LFS's PO any???
  20. The jobs list only shows PIDs which are currently filled so any gapped billets won't appear