DQ's..... coming to a computer screen near you... :)

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by wet_blobby, Apr 28, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Gather round and listen in.

I dont know if everyone is aware yet but Rum Ration now has it's own virtual DQ's :clap:

If members constantly crayon in threads that they should'nt / derail threads that dont need derailing /act the complete cock etc they can be awarded infractions from a Moderator. They'll be sent a PM explaining why they have been awarded infractions.

Get a certain amount of infractions you'll go to DQ's with the the accompanying restrictions on your site activity.:judge:

Just to make things clear, if a member crayons/derails/acts a cock etc OR baits another member into doing so, you risk a visit to DQ's.

Any questions?
  2. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Just to add to the above, when you are on DQ's you can only post in the barge and can only send one PM. It's exactly the same as the ROP's system that is employed on ARRSE. The time spent on DQ's depends on the infraction(s) committed.

Lil's will be largely unaffected by this rule because of what it is and we would rather any crayoning went on here than in the serious forums of the site. However, even the shitehouse has rules, which are listed above in the sticky provided by Silverfox. Monty and i will be keeping an eye on things in here, so you know that you have a bit more freedom to belm.
  3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1
  4. wet_blobby

Is it wrong to want a good fisting from Blackrat and Monty in "Lils..........?:laughing3:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Uumm how does one respond to the net tightening?
  6. wet_blobby

I would'nt say the net was tightening, I'd say it was loosening.

Up until now it's been a case of behave or get banned. As a Mod it's pretty obvious (not just to Mods) who joins RR to be a dick, they dont last long.

DQ's are aimed at the established members of RR who, I for one dont want to see banned when they go off on one or fuck up, as we all do. DQ's give a buffer before a ban, a slap on the wrist. A man up, you fucked up then soldier on.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Is there a sweepstake on who will visit DQ's first?
  8. Points to note ..do we ave an electronic " Clear Lower Deck" for the warrant to be read.
    does the ban work on a 28 days or 42 days detention.....
    what stage do we get to see the first SNLR and the corner cut off the SC's....all for public humiliation.
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  9. Do we get virtual hats to use for off caps ?
  10. BR and Monty has someone mixed the poachers and game keepers up? BR will just be filling his gaol with sexual deviants, and calling it DQ's
  11. Jeez, Blackrat has only just been awarded his MOD wings and he is flouting his power :p
  12. I think......
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Haha yeah, oopsie.

Apprently flouting is actually
    'Openly disregard (a rule, law or convention): "these same companies still flout basic ethical practices".'

It does exist (who knew, my made up word actually is real!) just foolishly incorrectly used. Not sure why the box below exists and why I cannot get rid of it mind.

[TABLE="class: vk_txt ts"]

[TABLE="class: ts"]
  14. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I would just like to point out that the introduction of DQs is in no way to pander to the power urges of Mods nor is it there as a toy for Mods to play with - at least that is the official view :grin:
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Will any errant MOD find accomodation in this establishment
  16. You need to get with the times. No warrant readings in todays navy, sadly might I add only got to see one.
  17. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

BTW, Accommodation has two 'm's. Any more slackness on the spellink and you may get detention!
  18. A bit of a juvenal reply
    • Like Like x 3
  19. See Juvenal's satire XVI. Soldiers are above the law.
  20. I hope non of the green jobs reads that