double question

Discussion in 'RMR' started by carl, Apr 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 1st part is about tax. How is it worked out? Is it combined with your civilian salary and taxed as one? Or is it done seperately, in which case I doubt you would get taxed much as you wont earn that much?

2nd part of the question is about cardiovascular training. Basically I have shin splints and am just wondering if I can subsitute running (taking 2 months off running- selection is in oct) for the cycling and rowing machines FOR NOW.

Cheers,

Carl

2. All the best mate.

3. As a non-reservist, I don't have a clue about the first question.

Regarding the second, you don't have much choice do you! You can't run, so you'll have to make do with cycling, rowing and other non-impact exercises. This should maintain your cardiovascular level as long as you are doing it properly, but frankly it's academic as running is not an option.

4. How about Swimming ?

Good luck with the selection by the way! :)

5. Carl, are you talking about your annual bounty, uniform upkeep allowance or payments for services rendered?

6. I understand I have to make do with the rowing and cycling, its a bit of a b*tch but hey what can you do. IF my shin splints dont clear up by selection Id just go down there hoping for the best having only trained on the cycle,rowing and swimming o_O

thingy, as I understand it your annual bounty is tax free, but you get taxed on how much you have worked. I cant see it as being that much taxed though, im guessing it would be done through PAYE.

cheers,,

carl

8. Notwithstanding that, and subject to primary income, it's worth looking at self assessment, to try to claw a little of the tax back.