Dont patronise them

Discussion in 'Bases / Shore Est' started by lesbryan, Oct 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Recently, Royal Marines in Iraq, wrote to Starbucks
    because they wanted to let them know how much they liked their
    coffees, and to request that they send some of it to the troops
    there. Starbucks replied, telling the Marines thank you for
    their support of their business, but that Starbucks does not support
    the war, nor anyone in it, and that they would not send
    the troops their brand of coffee.

So as not to offend Starbucks, maybe we should support them
    by NOT buying any of their products! I feel we should get this out in the
    open. I know this war might not be very popular with some
    folks, but that doesn't mean we don't support the boys on
    the ground, fighting street-to-street and, house-to-house.

If you feel the same as I do then pass this along. Thanks very much for
    your support. I know you'll all be there again when I
    deploy once more.

Sgt. Howard C. Wright
    1st Force Recon Co
    1st PLT.
    This is the type of support our lads are getting .They only asked for some of there coffee not money .Personaly i would not piss starbucks if it were on fire :rage:
  2. Just a note to let you know that this message has been going around the internet for a while now; Starbucks issued a statement confirming that the contents weren't true and the guy whose signature is apparently at the bottom of the round robin has said that the whole rumour started as a misunderstanding.

It has been confirmed that Starbucks' stores have some free coffee to distribute and that some of them have chosen to send it to the US Army in Afghan and Iraq.

I'll try to find the relevant confirmation this afternoon.
  3. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

4. Check your sources shipmate, that "story" is total bullshit!

Blimey CT, great minds and all that, eh! :)
  5. chieftiff

That's two of us with Snopes bookmarked then :w00t:
    and look at the timestamps :thumright:
  6. ... and of course "1st Force Recon Co, 1st PLT" sounds terribly British! :scratch: :hockey:
  7. And have you heard they won't let the Red Arrows fly over London for the 2012 Olympics because they're too British? I received that one for about the 20th time last week.

All the Snopes military stories are on this page. They include the tale of the aircraft carrier telling the lighthouse to alter course but I particularly like the one about the RAF dropping wooden bombs on a fake German airfield.
  8. Costa is cheaper, better seating, quieter, better decor ( mega-important of course) and they make a superior drink anyway. Having worked for both, had the inside news on each and, whilst the story is probably incorrect, it is far from implausible.Starbucks are a vile company.But hey-ho.
  9. I am sorry for putting that on the forum!.I got it from a good service source and i had never seen it before and to me it sounded feasable sorry once again
  10. No worries. At least you didn't e-mail it to everyone in your address book like one person I know. Er, you didn't, did you?
  11. Don't worry about it, you weren't to know.
  12. chieftiff

I've started using snopes on a daily basis, half the cr*p in my inbox sends me into outrage mode and I want to tell the world, now I cut and paste the first line of most e-mails into Snopes' search facility and my blood pressure tends to drop instantly when I find out it's bollox. Top tip add Snopes to your favourites, doesn't half help the blood pressure :thumright:
  13. Old Saying :-Only Yanks & Brownhatters drink Coffee when there is Tea about
  14. Cheers have done that now.I wil probably stop making a twat of myself now !!!
  15. chieftiff

If you are anything like me you'll find other ways :dwarf:
  16. I drink coffee all the time and im neither ha ha :whew: :w00t:
  17. But there :w00t: again i drink coke and pepsi so i dont Reealy Kknooow
  18. Im sure i will im sure i will