Don't mean to sound dumb...

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by OhSoCescyBaby, Feb 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've read various threads on this forum board about "going on a draft for 18 months" what does this mean exactly? Going out to sea for 18 months with no leave? Or something else...
  2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Something else
  3. Would have been many moons ago, some drafts were 24 months long, but not nowadays. I think 6months would be, about par for course nowadays!!! and some :roll: :roll: :roll: never go to sea at all. PS your leave is accumalated, to be taken when you return home.
  4. They generally mean they've been drafted to a unit for 18 months which could be alongside, deploying, in maintenance or whatever.
  5. They generally mean they've been drafted to a unit for 18 months which could be alongside, deploying, in maintenance or whatever.
  6. It used to mean that you were sent to serve in a specific ship or unit for the period of 18 months.
    Now during this time a ship may just spend the whole 18 months alongside the jetty in Plymouth or Portsmouth.
    Or you may be lucky and the ship will deploy to the West indies for six months.
    If this is what is termed a Front Line draft, then you may find that leave during this period is a little haphazard, you will get some but it may not be at normal times (Christmas & Easter Etc.) If this is the case then any untaken leve is normally taken at the end of the draft before joining next draft.
    In the old days of Two years drafts to a ship in the Far East Fleet (we used to have them) this often meant matelots going on leave for three months between drafts.
  7. Oooh, thanks! Cleared it all up :D
  8. Bold text is used to emphasise something, your comments in their entirety are not worth emphasising, it is very annoying.
  9. Oh
    ok, I'm very sorry, I'll refrain from putting my entire text in bold in the near future...

Is that better SIR?
  10. Much, and you don't need to call me sir, you can call me 'daddy' instead! :wink:
  11. May I call you big daddy?
  12. You can call me Master :wink:
  13. No! That would be gay! Freak 8O
  14. aha does the pre modifier "big" make a statement gay? lol :x
  15. Ah shur thought that was my roll ...............Masa boss sur. :D :)
  16. Git back in that field boy, loafing [email protected]
  17. "Jump down turn around pick a bale of cotton,
    Jump down turn around pick a bale a ...........fuckin hell that hurt masa boss". 8O :cry:
  18. Ratters, I thought all you niffers had been imanstipated, errr emasturbated, errr FREED long before now??

Get back on your head whilst I check the records.

(Don't want to make a Big Issue about it, though, do we.... :wink: )
  19. Well I'll have something to post on if I join one of these literature daisy chains on RR.
    And yes I was masturbated, but its none of your business, and I certainly am not discussing it on a public forum.(You perv)
    Wanna buy some pic's? :roll: :wink: :D
  20. Sorry, I was aiming for your kneecaps