Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dont know if this is gen but made I Laugh..

This, apparently is an actual letter received by the UK Passport Office.

Dear Sirs,

I'm in the process of renewing my passport, and still cannot believe this... How is it that Sky Television has my address and telephone number and knows that I bought a bleeding satellite dish from them back in 1977, and yet, the Government is still asking me where I was bloody born and on what date.

For Christ sakes, do you guys do this by hand? My birth date you have on my pension book, and it is on all the income tax forms I've filed for the past 30 years.

It is on my National Health card, my driving license, my car insurance, on the last eight damn passports I've had, on all those stupid customs declaration forms I've had to fill out before being allowed off the plane over the last 30 years, and all those insufferable census forms.

Would somebody please take note, once and for all, that my mother's name is Mary Anne, my father's name is Robert and I'd be absolutely astounded if that ever changed between now and when I die!!!!!!

I apologise, I'm really pissed off this morning. Between you and me, I've had enough of this bullshit! You send the application to my house, then you ask me for my bloody address!!!!

What is going on? Do you have a gang of Neanderthal arseholes workin' there? Look at my damn picture. Do I look like Bin Laden? I don't want to dig up Yasser Arafat, for gods sake. I just want to go and park my arse on some sandy beach somewhere. And would someone please tell me, why would you give a shit whether I plan on visiting a farm in the next 15 days?

If I ever got the urge to do something weird to a chicken or a goat, believe you me, you'd be the last bloody people I'd want to tell !!

Well, I have to go now, because I have to go to the other end of the poxy city to get yet another copy of my birth certificate, to the tune of £30. Would it be so complicated to have all the services in the same spot to assist in the issuance of a new passport the same day?? Nooooooooooooo, that'd be too damn easy and maybe make sense. You'd rather have us running all over the bloody place like chickens with our heads cut off, then have to find some arsehole to confirm that it's really me on the damn picture - you know, the one where we're not allowed to smile?! (bureaucratic morons) Hey, do you know why we couldn't smile if we wanted to? Because we're totally pissed off!

Signed

An Irate Citizen.

P.S. Remember what I said above about the picture and getting someone to confirm that it's me? Well, my family has been in this country since 1776 ............ I have served in the military for something over 30 years and have had full security clearances over 25 of those years enabling me to undertake highly secretive missions all over the world. ......... However, I have to get someone 'important' to verify who I am - you know, someone like my doctor - WHO WAS BORN AND RAISED IN SODDING PAKISTAN !

Sincerely,

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Ex crab applying to the submariners .... (dont hate me) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 120
C Really upset, and i dont know what to do??? Joining the Royal Navy 5
Joint_Force_Harrier Things that dont p*ss you off. The Fleet Air Arm 2
D I dont miss him Nearest & Dearest 29
D Dont worry, Ill ask my local unit...... Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 3
M I dont know what to do! Nearest & Dearest 12
scouse Flying lower than a Buccaneer...... I dont believe it!!! The Fleet Air Arm 19
scouse Pingers dont you, look at this !!! The Fleet Air Arm 5
wet_blobby Dont take the P1ss, Ghingers have souls... Diamond Lil's 11
C Dont speed in Georgia Motoring 9
Topstop Equality has its price, Wimmin dont want it after all! Current Affairs 0
A Dont understand this waiting business? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
R I dont smoke! Blue Jokes 1
moshe7158 OLD RN BOXERS DONT FADE AWAY THEY MOVE TO AUSTRALIA Sports and Adventure Training 1
yamyamdabber Clock off for a smoke! Why dont the Navy save money! Current Affairs 15
NotmeChief Dont you hate not getting answer you hoped for. Diamond Lil's 10
scouse Wiki Leaks, and dont shot me im only the messenger The Gash Barge 0
rod-gearing Dont look up Diamond Lil's 8
J Dont like it? get your chit in then....... The Quarterdeck 19
M Dont walk on the grass??? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 57
lesbryan Dont patronise them Bases / Shore Est 20
rod-gearing Dont you just wish...... Diamond Lil's 22
wet_blobby We can bug you but dont bug us..... Diamond Lil's 14
wet_blobby Ouch...dont p1ss off a scouse bird Diamond Lil's 13
F JPA - good or bad... your views ..... dont forget to vote! The Gash Barge 2
D Exchanging your travel warrent (dont mess it up) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
lorraine newbies - dont attack me please History 19
Ships_Cat Dont Tase me Bro!! The Gash Barge 0
The_Wonderer They just dont get it do they? RMR 26
josiecats what people SHOULD realy say after sex but DONT !! Diamond Lil's 34
ET(MESM)whogivesafeck why dont you get a beer ration on T boats Submariners 21
angry_mac Senior Service Dont ya' know The Quarterdeck 38
brazenhussy Not fcuking PC- dont care! Diamond Lil's 43
brazenhussy Dont read this Diamond Lil's 35
The_Wonderer I really dont understand! The Quarterdeck 15
brazenhussy dont give a s**t!! Diamond Lil's 35
andym Dont like it! Diamond Lil's 7
brazenhussy men- word of advice- dont blow ur wages in the pub!! The Quarterdeck 5
josiecats Dont Buy Your Wife A Taser!!!!!!!!!!! The Gash Barge 5
chockhead819 Arent you glad we dont ... Diamond Lil's 9
R If I dont make it as an officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
MoD_RSS £40 million to kick start next-gen nuclear technology MoD News 0
H New Jack Speak - Gen-up ? The Gash Barge 29
MoD_RSS Lt Gen Richard Nugee to lead MOD's climate change policy MoD News 0
U Army Reserve to RNR - what's the gen? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 9
E Maj Gen GMG Swindells The Quarterdeck 0
BFRS NEBOSH Gen, Fire & Environmental The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
2 FREE BEER! Gen Competitions 29
Merlin28 MA gen Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
soleil "Gen Sir Richard Dannatt: "We Must Hold Fast In Afghanistan" Current Affairs 1