Don't get caught out ..

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
It begs the obvious question: Why don't Equinity or Veterans UK automatically notify those paid EDP, three months before the chop date?

vauxhall

Lantern Swinger
It would be nice if they did. My guess is that it is a question of resources.

Just for clarification, the veteran in the case above was an AFPS 05 member - hence the EDP income continued until age 65. For AFPS 15 linked EDPs, EDP income continues until the member's state pension age.

vauxhall

Lantern Swinger
No. Relax.

When you left you left with either a pension or a preserved pension. EDPs were introduced because the 2004 Finance Act said that pension schemes could only pay a pension before age 55 in the event of ill health. AFPS 75 was safe as it was closed to new entrants before the provisions of the Act commenced (6 April 2006). EDP when introduced was a way to pull people through to at least age 40 with at least 18 yrs, letting them leave with a lump sum and an income stream.

Taztiff

War Hero
When you left you left with either a pension or a preserved pension. EDPs were introduced because the 2004 Finance Act said that pension schemes could only pay a pension before age 55 in the event of ill health
Feww! Glad I turned down that 2OE in 2000 then!

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
I did 2OE10, left in 2007 and resisted all of the growns up who kept pressurising me to change from AFPS75. They kept trying to convince me that I'd be better off but the spidey senses had kicked in full bore, especially when I got blank looks when I said they'll only change the pension scheme to save money, so how am I better off? The waffle that usually followed was a joy to behold, I assume that's a course they do at Dartmouth :)

Sumo

War Hero
I did 2OE10, left in 2007 and resisted all of the growns up who kept pressurising me to change from AFPS75. They kept trying to convince me that I'd be better off but the spidey senses had kicked in full bore, especially when I got blank looks when I said they'll only change the pension scheme to save money, so how am I better off? The waffle that usually followed was a joy to behold, I assume that's a course they do at Dartmouth :)
I think it's called the BS or don't have a clue course.

Latest Threads