Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't forget to duck below the Gyrocoptor rotor disk

slim

War Hero
So when will we find out who really is to blame for this accident. My initial thought was that the Gyrocoptor had crashed into the Huntsman.
Now I'm confused.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...yrocopter-seven-miles-confront-saboteurs.html

Decapitated-hunt-supporter-followed-gyrocopter-seven-miles-confront-saboteurs.

Police have been given more time to question two men on suspicion of murder after a hunt supporter was killed in a collision with a gyrocopter in Warwickshire.

Trevor Morse, 48, died after he was virtually decapitated by the aircraft at Long Marston airfield near Stratford-Upon-Avon as he followed a hunt on Monday afternoon.

Two people travelling in the gyrocopter were arrested on Monday on suspicion of murder following the incident, which happened just after 3pm.
 

21_Man

War Hero
Ironic that the hunt now involves....animals (various), riders on horses (various), hunt supporters (various transport), hunt protesters (various transport), and flying machines

If anything the whole scene has got bigger rather than smaller...Go figure

Sad accident
 

slim

War Hero
Jenwren said:
As we knew him well, we'd like to know exactly what happened as well.
JW
Reading todays express it would seem that the autogyro was at it's airport and was preparing to leave. by this I am assuming that it was preparing to take off. Now an autogyro does not have a powered rotor, it is turned by air power caused by forward velocity.
Because of this I am assuming that the guy who was killed approached the autogyro without permission, ran into the rotor blade and suffered the consequences.
Hopefully we will soon know exactly what did happen, my sympathies at the moment though lie with the pilot of the autogyro.
 

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
According to BBC News 24, the gyrocopter was on the ground and he walked into the rotor at the rear of the machine
 

Jenwren

Lantern Swinger
Long Marston is a ex WW2 airfield, now family run and privately owned.
Any drag racing enthusiasts etc will know it as Shakespeare County Raceway. We did hear tht the gyrocopter had a booked a time for refuelling that day.
JW
 
What's he moaning about. He was chasing innocent, cute looking, defenceless furry creatures and the animal rights fringe were hunting him: it's called NATURAL justice! :twisted:
 

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
thingy said:
What's he moaning about. He was chasing innocent, cute looking, defenceless furry creatures and the animal rights fringe were hunting him: it's called NATURAL justice! :twisted:

Says the urbanite... while I don't ride horses and wouldnt actually take part in a hunt, I believe the legislation to ban hunting was wrong. Foxes are a predatory pest and their numbers need to be controlled. While hunting visibly appeared to be "sport" for the upper classes, it also served a purpose that benefited many in rural areas. Many of the reasons behind Labour's legislation were political dogma and did not take into account the realities of rural life. The ruling classes need to get out of London and recognise that the UK includes areas outside of the M25 - legisaltion that works in London and looks good from the perspective of the trendy city dweller may be completely unworkable in other areas of the UK! <ducks and runs for cover>
 
FlagWagger said:
thingy said:
What's he moaning about. He was chasing innocent, cute looking, defenceless furry creatures and the animal rights fringe were hunting him: it's called NATURAL justice! :twisted:

Says the urbanite... while I don't ride horses and wouldnt actually take part in a hunt, I believe the legislation to ban hunting was wrong. Foxes are a predatory pest and their numbers need to be controlled. While hunting visibly appeared to be "sport" for the upper classes, it also served a purpose that benefited many in rural areas. Many of the reasons behind Labour's legislation were political dogma and did not take into account the realities of rural life. The ruling classes need to get out of London and recognise that the UK includes areas outside of the M25 - legisaltion that works in London and looks good from the perspective of the trendy city dweller may be completely unworkable in other areas of the UK! <ducks and runs for cover>

Why did some hunts breed foxes? If they're vermin they should be shot or gassed. I was always taught that you eat what you shoot. Good thing I never joined the armed forces... cannibalism has never taken my fancy. ;)
 

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
With murder charges laid, your initial judgement of "NATURAL justice" is appearing to condone taking a human life over what is, given the state of the world economy and the current situation in Iraq and Afghanistan, a relatively trivial political issue. As I said previously, I neither condone nor condemn hunting - the loss of life on either side of the debate is tragic and avoidable.


thingy said:
Why did some hunts breed foxes?

Citation of a reliable source? I won't comment further other than to say in my opinion this is wrong. The hunts where I used to live (Northants/Leicestershire) were primarily a means of population control of foxes - incidentally in Leicestershire many hunts which used dogs were undertaken on foot.

thingy said:
If they're vermin they should be shot or gassed.

Shooting relies on marksmanship otherwise the animals can die slowly in agony - at least the hunt was quick. Gassing has the potential for "collateral damage" and pollution. I go back to my point - why should urban politicians dictate how rural problems are solved?

thingy said:
I was always taught that you eat what you shoot.

The hounds did!

thingy said:
Good thing I never joined the armed forces... cannibalism has never taken my fancy. ;)
The only thing I ever shot in 20+ years in the RNR was a "Figure 11" target - would probably have been better than the food in the SRs mess at Nelson! :)
 

lukep

War Hero
He looks like a handy fukcer.

Probably went to the airfield to give em the good news. Thats usually what the Goons that knock about with these hunting toffs get up to.

He obviously lost his HEAD....

He'll never be the HEAD of a major corporation.....

He wasn't very HEAD strong......
 
FlagWagger said:
With murder charges laid, your initial judgement of "NATURAL justice" is appearing to condone taking a human life over what is, given the state of the world economy and the current situation in Iraq and Afghanistan, a relatively trivial political issue. As I said previously, I neither condone nor condemn hunting - the loss of life on either side of the debate is tragic and avoidable.

My original post was Tongue in cheek... And you BIT! :LOL:


thingy said:
Why did some hunts breed foxes?

Citation of a reliable source? I won't comment further other than to say in my opinion this is wrong. The hunts where I used to live (Northants/Leicestershire) were primarily a means of population control of foxes - incidentally in Leicestershire many hunts which used dogs were undertaken on foot.



thingy said:
If they're vermin they should be shot or gassed.

Shooting relies on marksmanship otherwise the animals can die slowly in agony - at least the hunt was quick. Gassing has the potential for "collateral damage" and pollution. I go back to my point - why should urban politicians dictate how rural problems are solved?

thingy said:
I was always taught that you eat what you shoot.

The hounds did!

thingy said:
Good thing I never joined the armed forces... cannibalism has never taken my fancy. ;)
The only thing I ever shot in 20+ years in the RNR was a "Figure 11" target - would probably have been better than the food in the SRs mess at Nelson! :)[/quote]
 
Bearing in mind murder charges have now been brought, which would suggest that there is more to this than anyone on here is in a position to comment usefully on, can I suggest we leave it there until after the trial? A man died.
 
kinross_special said:
Bearing in mind murder charges have now been brought, which would suggest that there is more to this than anyone on here is in a position to comment usefully on, can I suggest we leave it there until after the trial? A man died.

Tragic, no really, tragic... I feel very sorry for the fat hunt supporting cnut.
 
'The ruling classes need to get out of London and recognise that the UK includes areas outside of the M25' - quote Flagwagger

One is totally shocked to imagine that there can possibly be life beyond the M25. One realised there were 'provinces' of course, places were the poor people live.
One would almost believe that what was appropriate for London was not appropriate for the 'provinces'. :roll: :roll:
 

lukep

War Hero
Montigny_La_Palisse said:
kinross_special said:
Bearing in mind murder charges have now been brought, which would suggest that there is more to this than anyone on here is in a position to comment usefully on, can I suggest we leave it there until after the trial? A man died.

Tragic, no really, tragic... I feel very sorry for the fat hunt supporting cnut.

Im outrageously outraged that you could say such an outrageously outrageous thing like that,
You just don't get it do you?? A man DIED.
Thats right D... I...E....D.

Think of his poor family who by chance could be browsing this forum looking for moral support.

Callous to say the least.

Im Outraged.
 

slim

War Hero
lukep said:
Montigny_La_Palisse said:
kinross_special said:
Bearing in mind murder charges have now been brought, which would suggest that there is more to this than anyone on here is in a position to comment usefully on, can I suggest we leave it there until after the trial? A man died.

Tragic, no really, tragic... I feel very sorry for the fat hunt supporting cnut.

Im outrageously outraged that you could say such an outrageously outrageous thing like that,
You just don't get it do you?? A man DIED.
Thats right D... I...E....D.

Think of his poor family who by chance could be browsing this forum looking for moral support.

Callous to say the least.

Im Outraged.

As I stated in a previous post, let us wait for the whole story to come out.
At present there are very few facts except that he seems to have somehow involved himself with a gyrocopters prop.
Now we need to know:
Why he was at the airfield?
Did he walk into the prop or was he pushed?
Were the occupants of the Gyrocopter defending themselves from him?
OK there was a man killed, but it wasn't necessarily murder or even manslaughter.
 

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
Montigny_La_Palisse said:
kinross_special said:
Bearing in mind murder charges have now been brought, which would suggest that there is more to this than anyone on here is in a position to comment usefully on, can I suggest we leave it there until after the trial? A man died.

Tragic, no really, tragic... I feel very sorry for the fat hunt supporting cnut.

Why is it not acceptable for radical Muslims in the UK to speak out in favour of the deaths of Westerners, yet for UK citizens to be able to rationalise the death of a hunt supporter as being "natural justice" or "karma"? Hypocrisy is the term that springs to mind.

M_L_P while you may not support hunts or their followers any more than you support the adherents of radical Islam, ask yourself whether you'd be happy to exchange the word "hunt" for any other grouping if the circumstances were different.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
vauxhall Don't forget to claim your pension! Finance & Pensions 5
trelawney126 Don't Forget to Say Goodnight! Current Affairs 5
golden_rivet don't forget what you MUST do tonight The Quarterdeck 10
NotmeChief Don't forget your PAYCUT next month. Current Affairs 7
MoD_RSS Don’t be a Space Invader: stay safe, stay back MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British Embassy Warsaw launches 'Don't Become a Victim of Modern Slavery' campaign MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Don’t get Petfished: Vets and celebrities lead public warnings against ‘cruel and opportunist’ lockdown pet sellers  MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Don’t rely on temperature screening products for detection of coronavirus (COVID-19), says MHRA MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Don’t call us – we’ll call you MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Don’t miss out, claim Child Benefit by phone or post, HMRC tells new parents MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Update on 'Do’s and Don’ts' of completing an application to incorporate a CIC to include 'Online' applications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Alec Don named as new DECA Chairman MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Summer fun – don’t fake it! MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Don’t Blow It! Phase 2 Launch Event MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Don't Blow it! Collaboration Day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Please don’t waste this moment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Don’t miss out on Help to Save MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: I don’t want you to panic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: ‘Don’t be a Space Invader’ - says former ‘Stig’ Ben Collins MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Salmon found in River Don at Sheffield MoD News 0
Ballistic Like/funny/don't like etc. facility not working. Site Issues 13
MoD_RSS Press release: Crack down on suppliers who don’t pay on time MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence and Security Accelerator Dial-in: Don't Blow It! MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: "You don't recruit an arsonist to put out a fire. You especially don't do that when the fire is one they caused." MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Notice of competition launch 'Don't Blow It! Safely eliminating munitions on the battlefield MoD News 0
vauxhall Don't get caught out .. Finance & Pensions 21
fishhead Don't mention the war Boris Current Affairs 11
H Why don't they increase supplies of food on submarines? Submariners 60
Stirlin Don't try this at home. Sports and Adventure Training 3
Passed-over_Loggie Don't Eat The Snow! Diamond Lil's 0
MG Maniac Don't get caught fancying pigeons! Diamond Lil's 8
SONAR-BENDER Yippee! Don't need to come up the beach! Diamond Lil's 0
P I just don't get those defending the "Joint" F-35 concept The Fleet Air Arm 28
finknottle Tories;don't you just love them! The Gash Barge 57
F Don't panic Captain Mainwaring Diamond Lil's 24
soleil So the Septics don't think we're up to it! Current Affairs 68
S Don't ask Don't tell Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
daffy1 Don't get mad, make hot wets and biscuits. Current Affairs 1
scouse The Jocks don't want the Sundodgers Submariners 8
soleil Defence Management Journal: "MoD Admits 'We Don't Know' Over F-35B Fighter Problems" The Fleet Air Arm 7
Rumrat Ah well ( fuckin don't snigger Rumrat) The Gash Barge 14
Ninja_Stoker Pompey Diving Team don't have a boat shocker Diamond Lil's 9
trelawney126 Asking directions in London.....Don't bother The Gash Barge 15
Rumrat Not for the religiouse.... don't look, honestly. Diamond Lil's 2
Seaweed 'History' Threads Don't Paint in 'Last 50' Site Issues 2
finknottle I don't Believe It! Current Affairs 37
F Don't panic, they don't like it up 'em ! Current Affairs 24
broadside They just don't get it do they? Current Affairs 23
soleil Sun: "Nuke Test That Says: Don’t Mess With The UK" Submariners 5
janner I don't remember a lot of these places. The Gash Barge 14
Similar threads


















































Latest Threads

New Posts

Top