Don't forget to claim your pension!

Most of you will leave with preserved or deferred AFPS benefits. That means that you have to wait until you are old enough to draw them …

The post Your pension is not paid automatically appeared first on Forces Pension Society.

The Forces Pension Society - Fighting for the forces and their Families
Not an issue with Naval Pension, but an issue with all my work place ones, as they keep moving the claim date, all used to be 60 now some 65 and one has lined up with my state pension at 66. I have 3 earnings related and 2 investment/lump sum pensions to claim.

Not an issue with Naval Pension, but an issue with all my work place ones, as they keep moving the claim date, all used to be 60 now some 65 and one has lined up with my state pension at 66. I have 3 earnings related and 2 investment/lump sum pensions to claim.
Are you "just saying", complaining or boasting. I congratulate you on your array of pensions and for your forethought and planning to put them in place. To my mind it is of little matter when they mature just as long as they do and the funds are forthcoming.

Are you "just saying", complaining or boasting. I congratulate you on your array of pensions and for your forethought and planning to put them in place. To my mind it is of little matter when they mature just as long as they do and the funds are forthcoming.
And you live long enough to collect them, just heard someone I know has crossed the bar aged 48 :eek:

cjg375

Lantern Swinger
Most of you will leave with preserved or deferred AFPS benefits. That means that you have to wait until you are old enough to draw them …

The post Your pension is not paid automatically appeared first on Forces Pension Society.

The Forces Pension Society - Fighting for the forces and their Families
To me, the crazy thing is that on the AFPS 15 scheme (and 05I think) because you are on EDP, not immediate pension, from leaving until state pension (or earlier for 05) you have to request your 15 pension even though they’ve been paying you money all the time. Mental!

an array on the grounds of not putting all eggs in one basket, so hopefully, most will payout, with look all will?
If I don't make it Mrs S gets half of all my pensions if i am in retirement or a big ish whack if still with my current employer, plus half of other one's. I haven't mentioned this to her?????